45

the huge lightning bolts continue to viciously stab the ground. if we run into the cave entrance we can be hit by one and that risk is too huge. i watch as deku goes into 100% and bakugou charges up as they engage with nine again. their offense attack causes so much impact that it takes most of me to keep us three from flying away.

they're engulfed into the flaming tornado and i look up as hundreds and hundreds of boulders come clashing down. they break apart in the air into smaller pieces but my hands move quickly and i cover the two kids while some rocks hit my back. i gasp and yell at the impact, some bigger than my head barely missing us.

"y/n!" the kids yell. i collapse and feel katsuma's hand grab mine. my vision goes in and out but the explosions are constant.

"deku! bakugou! please don't give up! we believe in you!" the kids yell. i watch as bakugou and deku are held tightly.

"please..." i groan.

i see both boys hold each other's hands and a goddamn miracle happens. the energy basically oozes off of the pair. my eyes widen as they start to engage. what happened?

they fight in absolute synchronization, as if they were sharing one mind. flashes of blue and yellow blinds us from time to time but the ground trembles with explosions. a hole is made in the sky as if heaven has joined us and the angels are fighting.

i need to do it now. i push myself to sit up.

"don't move! i can heal you!" katsuma says.

"it's okay, get behind me i have to do something" i tell them calmly. they look at me confusingly but they do as i say. i concentrate on my breathing and i place my palms on the ground. i feel my quirk activate and i close my eyes.

it seems as if everything slows down and the general sherman tree breaks through the ground and i watch the process of a tree happen in seconds. i push against the ground and groan. come on! come on!

the energy inside me is practically draining as i get the tree to its full maturity. i gasp for air as i collapse to my side.

the 260 ft tree stands proudly and one final explosion happens. the clouds start to clear up and i watch the sky appear. between the rocks flying down, i see the two heroes falling down as well. my tree catches them and i smile.

everything goes black.

-
"over here!" i sit up abruptly and see helicopters and people in military uniforms. "y/n!"

mahoro hugs me but i flinch at the bruises on my body being touched.

"what's going?" i ask.

"the pro heroes came and so did the military! they're here to help us!" a soldier comes up to me and hoists me up.

"students have been located, look for the sherman tree, i repeat— look for the sherman tree" a soldier talks into his walkie. he leads me down with mahoro and katsuma close by. soreness and pain resides everywhere in my body and the soldier helps me to walk.

"y/n!" i turn to my right and see all might waving me down. the soldier stops and all might catches up to me.

"did you do this?" he points at the tree. i nod, still dazed. "your tree has helped us find you quick and it caught young midoriya and young bakugou, thank you."

i stand there, shocked. the number one hero just thanked me. he thanked me! tears start to spill out and i nod again.

"all might, i want to go back to UA," i sob out. "i can't think of anything else but to be a hero!"

he gives me a soft smile and puts his hand on my head. he says goodbye and goes to help the team to get deku and bakugou down. i see tents for my injured friends and the civilians. i look around for my dad and i see him sitting on a foldable chair.

"that's my dad" i point out. the soldier helps me walk to him and he notices me. dad bolts to me and hugs me but i hiss in pain and he lets go.

"y/n! oh my god!" he thanks the soldier and helps me sit on the medical bed. "your neck... those bruises!"

"i'm okay" i say. "the villain is gone... i saw it with my own eyes! it was out of this world."

"really?"

"i have to go back, dad," i look him straight in the eye. "this is where i'm meant to be! i couldn't help any of my classmates because i couldn't be seen and it could've distracted them but when i was actually able to do something, it helped! all might thanked me! the number one hero thanked me! i just can't leave, i need to be a hero!"

dad stares at me for a while before saying, "i think you're still in shock."

"i-i know stuff happened but i can't just leave it all behind... i tried but it's just not me," i sigh. "i faced head on with nine and i know if i had trained at UA i could have fought him more and protected the kids. i'm sorry dad but i'm going back."