48

aizawa explained the problem of todoroki, my classmates, and my safety.

"we all have your safety as a priority and i'm not sure if the principal will allow you back into the hero course" all might says.

"what can i possibly do? please, i need to go back" i plead. their mugs are empty and so is my water bottle. "i-i know there's lots of factors but i will find a way to deal with them."

"maybe you should think about it a bit more" all might says, he shoots a glance at aizawa before looking back at me. "we can... try to suggest it to the principal but we cannot guarantee anything."

that picks up my mood a bit more and they announce their departure. both heroes thank us for having them and we thank them for coming. dad shows them out before sheepishly asking for all might's and aizawa's autographs.

aizawa ruffles my head, "you know we want you back and that tree you made? it's been non stop talks about it, you've made a mark."

they say goodbye and dad pats my back.

"it did go pretty good, bug," he says. "but all might is right, you need to think about it more."

i agree and we settle on what we'll eat for dinner before we part to our rooms. i open back one of my books for 10 minutes before i realize i'm just reading the same sentence over and over.

my mind can't concentrate on anything else except going back. i put the book down and look out my window. i can see my tree from here and it makes me smile a bit. i actually haven't gone to go see it since that day and it's probably time i do.

dad pushes me to go get ready for lunch while he goes and starts the car.

-

the evening comes and i finished a customized order of a bouquet.

"alright, it'll be ready for you tomorrow morning before your event" i say. the customer says thank you over the phone and i hang up. it's 4:30pm and i head to the back room while i take my apron off. my boss comes in and thanks me for a good day.

"i'll see you monday morning" i say. i clock out and call my dad.

"hey dad, i just got out and i think i'm gonna go see my tree," i say. "i'll be home soon after if i don't run into the kids."

"alright, don't take too long or your dinner will be cold," he says. "your cell phone is charged?"

"yup 100%" i respond. i grab my bag from my locker and go through the greenhouse in the back. my eyes wander to my growing plants. this greenhouse could be full if kazehaya would just let me work my quirk!

my head turns around both ways really quickly before i dip my hand into a pot of soil and make the orchids blossom beautifully.

"hey! what the-" kazehaya comes storming in and i take my hand out.

"sorry, sorry!" i laugh before running out. my feet go into the direction of the plain land while i dust my hand off from the dirt. i think they're leaving today. i can't do anything to stop it and they're right, i need to think about it more.

soon after, i arrive at my tree out of goddam breath. how the hell did i even get here without passing out?!

there are several people taking pictures of the tree so i try my best to not show that i'm literally dying of exhaustion. i sit on one of the tree roofs sticking out of the ground and catch my breath.

"god, i'm gonna die" i sigh. eventually, i catch my breath and i just look up at my tree. i've only ever seen sherman trees online but to think i could actually make one... it's just surprising. i run my fingers through the lines of the bark slowly.

a sense of comfort overcomes me the more i spend time with my tree. people come and go, some neighbors wave at me.

they don't know i've done this.

my tree was shown on the news but i was not mentioned, it was explained to me after the fight. it'd be controversial as i was part of the program and then suddenly moved here and then took part of the fight.

aizawa gave me a side comment as well, "we can't give you the recognition... yet."

the sun is setting and the sky is painted with warm colors, the night sky is almost chasing them away.

-

i start to get my items together and physically prepare myself for the journey back to the house. i get up and take a last long look at my tree and for the 100th time i take a picture of it on my phone.

i can't wait to see what else i can do.

"y/n... " the sudden voice behind me makes me jump.