28

we ate enough before heading to the park. momo and asui used the internet to lead us to the park and i chat with ashido about hair styles and such.

"i want my hair so much more colorful" i say.

"really? i can help with that!" she says. "what do you wanna do? match with your bff?"

"my bff?" i laugh.

"yeah todoroki!"

"um..." my smile instantly drops. "we're not friends anymore."

"oh i'm sorry, i didn't know," she says. "what happened? you two were really close like since school started."

"we just drifted apart" i simply say.

"ah that must be why he's been more quiet," she says, putting her index finger on her chin and thinking. i chuckle. "well maybe bakugou then!"

"that color would fry my hair off!" i laugh. "and he'd start yelling every curse word in the book if i did that!"

"jeez all the boys in our class are just... " she trails off. "eh i don't know the right word for it."

we make it to the park and find a spot with shade.

"i'll make some things, let me just rest for a bit" momo says, lying on the grass. we all sit beside her and hum in agreement to rest especially with food in our stomach right now.

"teacher, do we really have to go back to school?" jiro sighs.

"well you guys want to become heroes and you have to get educated before you need to interact with the public," she says. "especially when people start to look up to you, you have to maintain a good image and a good role model."

"i can't imagine others looking up to me" hagakure shyly says.

"of course, the top heroes have probably had that thought and now there's thousands of them cheering them on," midnight says. "you girls will be handle it just fine."

we thank her for the useful conversation. people looking up to me?

i doubt that. i'm not really gunning for number one like deku and bakugou but i do want to become someone that can save others. i want to be useful to society against the villains and make my dad proud.

i have to focus on my classes and not let anyone distract me.

-

we make it back to the dorm building, tired and a bit sweaty. some boys were outside and i see bakugou doing aggressive push-ups with a concerned kaminari and an encouraged kirishima.

"hey, guys, hey shithead" i say, throwing my purse at bakugou. he growls like a rabid animal and i roll my eyes, snatching my purse back.

"hey y/n, how'd the girls day go?" kaminari asks.

"it's pretty good," i say. "we went to the mall and took pictures and-"

"y/n got a boy's number!~" ashido sings. i look at her in shock and look at bakugou's reaction. wait, why am i looking at his reaction?!

"i'm not surprised" kirishima chuckles. i laugh with them and start to go inside with ashido and them. i don't know why i looked straight at bakugou.

i didn't want him to know.

-

it was already night and i'm extremely glad today was a peaceful day. although, it's still been bugging me about ashido telling bakugou. i didn't even get to see his reaction. i scroll on my timeline but i end up in my messages.

me
i ran out of water bottles again sooo come down with me
-
NOW

bakugou
you're fucking annoying

i get my slippers and before i go, i push my pack of water bottles under my bed.

i tip toe down the stairs and into the common space. it was empty but the shine of the moon made it look beautiful. i go by the window and just watch the outside for a bit.

"what are you doing?" i turn to see bakugou a few feet away. "let's get your damn water so i can sleep."

we go to the kitchen and i get a glass and wait for the water to fill up. i stare at the sink and tune out, thinking of today.

"hey dumbass, the water!" i snap and see the water overflowing out of the glass and onto the floor.

"shit!" we both go for paper towels but i rush too quickly and grab his wrist instead.

"uh... "