Decision

Cove's outfit on Friday^^

Cove's POV
I woke up to my alarm blasting. It's morning already?

I quickly shut it off and tiredly rubbed my eyes, slowly rolling out of bed. I can't do this today.

Last night I got maybe 3 hours of sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about River. By the time I finally fell asleep, it was already 4 am.

I took a quick shower, then dressed in a pink sweater and black stretchy pants. I ended up doing a light makeup look with concealer in order to cover up my dark circles.

Finally, I had a nice healthy breakfast of Honey Nut Cheerios with cut up banana. Okay, maybe not the healthiest choice but I don't really care.

As I packed up my bag and put on my shoes, I realized that I'm gonna have to drive myself to school. I never told River not to take me to school, should I text him?

I decided not to. If he does end up coming by my house, he'll see that my car is gone.

After a while of driving, I got to the parking lot. Class doesn't start for another 25 minutes, so I went on my phone to text someone.

Scrolling down my contacts list, I came across the name Millie. We haven't talked since she gave me her number a week ago.

I decided to text her 'Hi!! This is Cove from the mall.'

Not even a minute later, I got a text back. Hey Cove :) How are you?

I responded, 'Good, kind of bored, I'm waiting for school to start. How are you?'

Three dots appeared, meaning that she's typing. I impatiently tapped the side of my phone, waiting for her response.

I'm good too! I'm actually in math class right now. I never got to meet your boyfriend at the mall, how are you two doing?

My heart stopped at the mention of River. What do I say? If I tell her that we're not doing too good, she'll ask why. Then I'd have to lie because I can't tell her the real reason.

I ended up saying that we're doing good. I don't like to lie but in this case, it's for the greater good.

That's good, well I have to go now because my teacher just caught me texting. I'll talk to you after school <3

I replied a simple 'okay, talk to you later,' before deciding that I should probably get to class.

Just as I about to step out of my car, a dark black car came speeding into the parking lot. River.

I watched him park a few rows in front of me, then step out and look around until for my car. I immediately adverted my gaze to my phone, ignoring his burning stare.

After a few moments, I got the courage to back look up, only to see him begrudgingly turning around and walking inside. I quickly followed suit, keeping my distance though so he doesn't see me.

First period went by fairly quickly. All we did was watch a short video and take notes, then the teacher just talked.

Now I have a class with River. Even worse, we sit together. I walked into the classroom and looked around, he's not here yet.

The bell soon rang and there's still no sign of River. Hm, I guess he decided to skip. That's good I guess.

Lunch time came around and I sat with my friends. Leah kept asking me what's wrong but I would just shake my head and say nothing.

The lunch bell rang so we started to gather all our stuff. As I rushed out of the cafeteria, someone took ahold of my arm.

The person pulled me to the side of the hallway, waiting for everyone to leave before speaking.