Two encounters

Cove's POV

Oh no, oh no, oh no! I'm so late. I rushed downstairs, grabbing my backpack on the way. I spent way too long in the shower, and now I'm running late for my first day of school.

I ran into the kitchen, grabbing an apple before making it to the door in record time.

I'll have to eat this on the bus.

I slipped on some shoes and grabbed my phone just as the clock flashed 7:23.

2 minutes to make it to the bus stop, I got this! I started sprinting towards the bus at the far end of my neighborhood.

C'mon c'mon c'mon! Great. Just to my luck, the bus door closed and the big yellow bus speed away leaving me with no ride to school. Awesome, just awesome. On the first day of school too.

School is a 10 minute drive from my house, making it a 40 minute walk.

Better get a move on it, I thought as I began to jog. Good thing I'm pretty athletic.

River's POV
Yay, another year of school! Note the sarcasm. I hate school with all my heart. That's if I even have a heart.

At least I only have 2 more years of school left, then I can leave this stupid town. Actually, 2 years is way too long, I guess I can just drop out next year when I turn 18. I mean it's not long until I start failing all of my classes again anyways.

As you can probably tell, I despise school, and I'm bad at it. Maybe if actually went to class, I wouldn't be half as bad. I mean, my parents are both successful business owners. Their talents should pass down to me, right?

The thing is, I just don't give a fuck.

I think all of this as I drive to school in my new white 2020 model X Tesla. My parents are very rich, we live 40 minutes away from my school in a huge 2 story mansion in the mountains. I don't really mind the drive, it gives me time to think. My parents are usually away on business trips so that just leaves me to do whatever I want.

I pull up and park in the back parking lot because the front one's already full. That reminds me, I have to remind the other people that the front parking spot all the way to the left is mine.

I heard the bell ring right as I walked inside. The halls quickly emptied as everyone rushed to class, but me? I took my sweet time. The teachers no longer care, honestly it's a miracle for me to even show up to class.

Just as I turned the corner to my biology class, I felt someone run right into my stomach.

I looked down to see a blonde haired girl with big brown eyes. I can't deny the fact that she is absolutely beautiful.

She looked up at me, completely terrified. For some reason, my heart did a weird flip and my gut clenched at the sight on her face.

This is weird.

When she shot out an apology, I said out a mean response before walking away. I instantly felt bad for being mean to the small girl, but shook my head and over-ruled the thought a second later.

I never feel bad or guilty for being rude, it's just how I am.

Cove's POV
I make it to school completely out of breath. School starts at 7:50, and I arrived just as the late bell rang, signaling 7:55. Great.

I quickly walked through the front door and started down the hall. Just as I turned the corner to get to history class, I ran right into someone.

Oh no! I mentally yelled at myself as my eyes immediately widened.

I ran into none other than River Smith, the school bad guy. I'm so so so so dead.

"I-I'm so sorry," I stuttered. Great! I just had to stutter, didn't I? If I wasn't already dead, I am now.

"Yeah, well watch where you're going next time," he growled and walked away before I had the chance to respond.

I mean, it could have gone worse, but I'm sure this isn't the end of it.

It's the first day of school, and I already have myself on River's radar. Whatever, I seriously need to get to class.

I finally reached the door to my first class of the day, history. Just as I reached for the handle, the door was opened.

"Cove, you're late!" Mr. Johnson's voice boomed.

"I know, I'm sorry sir, I just missed the bus," I replied, scared for my life. You see, Mr. Johnson is the scariest, most strict teacher in the whole school.

"Whatever, just sit. I'll let it slide since it's the first day and the bus schedule changed," he replied, a little more calmly.

I let a little "thank you, sir," slip as I sped walked to the closest empty desk. That was oddly nice of him, maybe he's just happy because it's the first day of school.

The class soon finished, and I packed up to head to my next class, English. At least I have English with two of my friends, Emma and Sydney!

As I entered the classroom, I noticed River sitting in the back corner of the room. He has his head propped up on his arm looking bored. At least he'll probably only show up once and never come back again. I just need to avoid him for today, that's it.

I looked up at the TV in the front, and to my dismay there was a seating chart displayed on the screen.

Please let me sit next to one of my friends.

My luck was not so good, I sat in the back..... right next to River. I know I've said this a lot, but can my day get any worse?! So much for avoiding him.

I slowly made my way to the back, avoiding all eye contact with River. I sat down and silently slung my backpack across the back of my chair.

Thankfully, River decided not to talk either, so we both sat in silence while waiting for class to begin.

Lunch time...

Class went by quickly, and so did the one after that since we were just going over the syllabuses. Before I knew it, it was my favorite part of the day, lunch! I love food.

I entered the cafeteria and scanned the area for my best friend, Leah.

"Cove, over here!" A familiar voice called. I turned and was met with Leah waving me over to a spot near the edge of the cafeteria.

I hurried over, eager to tell her everything that has happened so far in the day, but I suddenly tripped over something hard.

"Ow!" I cried out.

When I looked up, I saw that I had tripped over a black backpack. But whose backpack?

"You okay?" a voice asked. It wasn't just any voice though, oh no it wasn't. How I wished it was just some random voice of a random kid. What I would give for it to be any voice other than the voice of River Smith.

1214 words.

So Wattpad continuously decided to mess this chapter up, if there are any weird errors, that's probably why. Thank you for reading though, and I promise the chapters get way longer and better. If you like the storyline, please stick around because I promise I improve a lot as a writer.