Caring

Cove's outfit^^
Cove's POV
2 weeks later....
The past few weeks have been pretty boring. Tutoring with Brad went the same as last time, and after that he continued to completely ignore me.

I don't understand how he can go from being super flirty and touchy, to running away every time I enter the same room as him. Oh well, at least I got $90 and ice cream from River out of it.

Anyways, today is Saturday and I'm so exited for the upcoming week. It's student government election week, and Leah is running for Vice President!

Right now Emma and Sydney are coming over so that we can make Leah some signs. Lizzy can't make it because she's grounded for who knows what, but she said she'll make the voting booth.

It's kinda tradition in our school for the friends of whoever's running to make the signs and stuff. We did it last year when Leah was running for freshman representative, and it was super fun!

Ding! The doorbell rang. Unlike Leah, they actually knock or ring the doorbell instead of just barging in. I slipped on my shoes and ran downstairs.

I opened the door and sure enough, there stood Sydney. She lead me to Emma's car since she's the only one out of us who can drive.

Soon I will learn how to drive though, then there'll be three of us in our friend group who can drive.

We hopped in and Emma started driving towards where target and Office Depot are located. We're going to get our supplies there since they're right next to each other.

"So which color theme should we go with?" Sydney asks.

"I was thinking turquoise and purple, since turquoise is one of our school colors and Leah likes purple."

"Oh okay, that works."

We arrived quickly and decided to go to target first for the poster boards and glitter.

"Okay let's split up, I'll go look for the poster board, Cove you get the glitter and Emma you can start looking for some other decorations to put on the signs, sound good?"

We nodded and went our separate ways. I headed towards the craft section since that's where the glitter will probably be.

I passed a whole bunch of ribbons, string, glue, pipe cleaners and much more before I finally found the glitter section.

There's not much to chose from, so I grabbed the one of the purple containers and a turquoise one. I wanted to maybe add a few different splashes of color, but the only remaining colors are brown and orange.

Happy with my selection, I headed back to the front to wait for the others so that we can check out all together.

As I went to sit on a bench, I noticed a small Starbucks in the front. Emma and Sydney might take a while, so maybe I should get us all drinks!

Plus, there's absolutely no line, I can just go up and order! I stood up and went over to the counter.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks, how can I help you?" A girl who looks to be in her early twenties asks. I ordered all of our favorite drinks and paid with cash.

A few minutes later, our drinks were ready so I grabbed them and went back to the bench where Emma is now sitting.

I took a sip out of my Iced Dirty Chai Latte before handing Emma her Smocked Buttercup Latte. She smiled and also took a sip.

"Thanks Cove, you're the best!"

"No problem, what did you get?" I asked. She suddenly became exited and ditched her drink for a plastic target bag. I guess she already paid.