Dinner

Cove's POV
I got out of my car and slowly walked up to the door. River left my house 2 hours ago, leaving me a little less than an hour and a half to get ready.

Flatting down the ends of my dress, I hesitantly raised my hand to the door and knocked 3 times.

Shuffling instantly sounded on the other side of the door and I laced my fingers together, holding them out in front of me.

The door swung open and I immediately started, "Hello I'm-"

I cut myself off when I looked up and noticed it's only Azzy. A small smirk rested on her lips as she stared at me in amusement.

"Oh, hey Azzy," I greeted, playing it off cool. Her eyes traveled down to my hands that are nervously tugging at the end of my dress.

"Relax, they're still upstairs," she chuckled.

"Easy for you to say."

"I like you outfit by the way," I complimented as we walked inside. She's wearing a white shirt with a gray blazer on top and matching gray pants.

"Thanks, you look good too."

We then walked to the living room. River is still no where to be seen.

"I swear he takes longer to get ready than a girl," Azzy joked.

"Oh yeah, how long has he been getting ready?"

"Since he got home! I don't know what he's doing up there, but I'm starting to get concerned."

Just then, footsteps started coming down the stairs. I tensed for a moment, thinking that the time had come. But it's only River.

"You're so dramatic, I have not been in there this whole time."

My eyes widened at the sight of him. He looks nice, so nice. Dressed in a black suit with a black shirt underneath, he looks like a million dollars.

"Yes you have, don't lie."

"I'm not lying. Cove, do you think I'm lying."

Blinking a few times, I snapped myself out of my trance.

"O-oh, um, yes?"

"You think I'm lying?"

"Wait, no! I didn't mean that. I don't think you're lying."

He laughed and shook his head. "I know, I'm just messing with you."

"Oh," I awkwardly laughed.

"You don't have to be so nervous, it'll be fine. They'll love you," Azzy assured.

"I know, I know. I'm just worried that I'll say the wrong thing. Or I embarrass myself. Or-"

"Babe it's fine, you have a lot of charisma. Once your nerves settle down, it'll be like you've know them your whole life."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! They're gonna love you, trust me."

I nodded and dramatically sighed, sinking into the couch.

"River what time is it?"

"6:58, why?"

Oh gosh I have 2 minutes, okay, deep breaths.

"Nothing, just wondering because I'm getting hungry."

"Oh, well, there's only 2 minutes to go."

"Yep," I mumbled, sitting up straight.

2 minutes quickly turned into 1. 1 minute turned into 20 seconds, and before I knew it, footsteps started down the stairs.

Unconsciously holding my breath, I turned in their direction and saw the most stunning couple to ever walk this earth.