The "Boss"

Cove's POV
I went the rest of the evening without seeing or hearing from Xander.

Cassidy and I spent a lot of time together, she stayed near me. It's almost as if she could tell something was wrong.

Cass has always had a protective side of her. I could not be more thankful for it than I am right now.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly, trying to focus on the movie we're watching. I think it has something to do with superheroes and a stone, I'm not sure though. I'm too tired to pay attention.

Just as I was about to drift off for the fifth time in a row, Jake dramatically gasped at something that happened in the movie. My eyes snapped open to try and see what happened, but by the time I looked credits were already rolling in.

"That. Was. So. Good." Jake grabbed the remote energetically and turned the tv off, making the room fill with darkness.

"I cannot wait for the next movie to come out, can you?"

Jake turned to look at me, and I realized he was directing the question towards me.

"Oh, um sure? I guess, I don't know," I mumbled tiredly before laying my head down on the armrest of the couch.

"Oh come on, you can't tell me you fell asleep while all of that happened!"

"Well I was trying to pay attention, but it's past 2 am and I'm so tired."

I looked around the room and saw Luca asleep on the floor and Cassidy next to me, also struggling to keep her eyes open.

"You guys are boring. Well, I guess we can go to sleep now. Who's sharing rooms with who?"

"I'm with Cove," Cassidy mumbled as she sat up slowly.

"All right, I guess that leaves me with this boring guy." Jake kicked Luca in the side, which made Luca grumble and slowly open his eyes.

"What-"

"Shh, it's bedtime. Get up you sleepy head."

Luca slowly got up and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "Okay okay, I'm coming. Give me a second."

Jake led the way upstairs and the rest of us followed. He tried to open the first door on the right, but I quickly stopped him.

"All of our parents are sleeping in the rooms on the right, we'll have to take the left side."

He nodded and turned around, then opened the door on the left and turned on the light. "There are two beds and a bathroom, I call this room!" Why couldn't I have checked here when I was looking for the bathroom earlier?

"Okay fine, Cass, we can take the next room." I walked to the next door and opened it, but it was revealed to be a small broom closet.

Looking down the hall, I saw two more doors. The doors were right next to the stairs which lead to the attic. I know that one of them is the bathroom I used earlier, maybe the other is a bedroom.

"Let's check these rooms, and if not we can sleep downstairs. We'll just have to be away from the others," Cassidy noted.

For some reason, sleeping alone downstairs seemed much better to me than sleeping next to the stairs where I knew Xander was. I considered asking Cassidy to just go downstairs with me, but before I had the chance to, she already opened the door.

"There's only one bed in here, it's big though. This room will do."

I bit back the protests wanting to leave my mouth and silently walked inside. I don't want my fear to control everything I do during this trip.