Attached

Outfit^^
River's POV
When I finished drying Cove and I off, I looked down to see her practically falling asleep.

Her arms are tightly wrapped around my neck while I have one arm firmly supporting her butt so she doesn't fall. My other arm is cradling her head on my shoulder.

As much as I'd love to stay like this, we need to get home. The sun is already starting to set and it's been a really long day.

"C'mon baby, we just need to walk to the car, then you can go to sleep," I said, attempting to let her go.

She let out a whine and clung to me, desperately trying to not let me put her down.

"Baby, just 15 minutes and you can go to sleep in the car," I laughed. She still shook her head and wrapped her arms tighter around me.

"What's the matter?" I asked, getting a little worried about her unusual behavior.

"I just don't want to to let me go, don't go," She mumbled into my neck.

"I'm not going anywhere sweetheart, I'm right here. Can you please just let me put you down so we can go back to your house?" I pleaded.

"Noooo."

"Baby the walk isn't even that far. The sooner I can put you down, the sooner we can get going."

She didn't answer, so I took that as a yes. I slowly lowered her to the ground, and this time she didn't resist.

As soon as my arms left her body, she grabbed my hand and pushed herself into my side. I would have found it cute if I didn't find it so concerning.

I quickly packed up all of our stuff and grabbed the bag, then we started walking back.

"Baby please talk to me, what's wrong?" I ask after she sighed and gave me sad eyes for the fifth time in the last 2 minutes.

"It's just, I don't know I'm still shaken up about that and I don't want to be apart from you. The second I left you, I almost drowned. It seems like bad things happen when I'm not with you," she rambled.

"Aww baby, I promise nothing like that will ever happen again. I won't let it." I reassured her. I'm so happy that she sees me a someone safe who she can trust.

She smiled up at me and lightly swung our arms. By the time we got back to my car, she was bouncing around and giggling like she wasn't just struggling to breath less then 20 minutes ago.

Back to the normal Cove I know and love.

I opened the door for her and she got in. As I walked to my side, I got a call. I grabbed it from the bad.

The words "Dad" flashed across the screen.

Weird, he almost never calls. The most I ever get from him is a text every few months telling me that him and my Mom coming home for a week or two.

I picked it up hesitantly. The second my phone went to my ear, I heard the sound of his light Italian accent.

"Hello my boy," he said. Hello? He must be in a very cheery mood.

"Dad?"

"Yes, I was just calling to let you know that your cousin will be coming to our house this Friday. She'll be staying for a few months."

"Azalea?" I asked. I have three cousins on my Dad's side, and two on my Mom's.

"Yes, she does school online and wants to finish this trimester and possibly the next somewhere outside of France. We offered to let her stay at our house as long as she pleases instead of having her rent one somewhere else."