Newbie

Cove's POV
After River left yesterday, I did some homework then went to bed. This morning I woke up a few minutes early, so I decided to take a nice long shower and pick out an extra cute outfit for the day.

My outfit consists of a cute pink shirt that ends at around my bellybutton, cuffed denim jeans and white converse. I know that I said I don't own nor wear a lot of crop-tops, but this is one of the shirts Leah said that I just HAD to get at the mall on Friday.

Plus, I'm starting to like them a lot more then I used to.
After changing into my outfit, I put my hair in a half up half down style with the hair that's up braided into a bun. I even applied some mascara and sparkly pink lipgloss.

I hopped downstairs and made some Nutella toast for breakfast. As I took the last bite, the doorbell rang. I sprung up from my chair and ran to answer the door.

"Good morning River!" I chirped as soon as I opened the door. He smiled down at me, but his smile quickly turned into a deep chuckle.

I tilted my head in question, making River laugh even harder. I couldn't hold back a smile at the sound of his laughter, although I still don't know what he's laughing at.

"B-baby you have Nutella all over your face, here," he breathes out through laughter. My face heats up in a deep blush, but before I could wipe it off with my hand, River beat me to it.

I watched silently as he wiped all around my mouth and along my chin with his thumb.

He then took his thumb, and stuck it in my mouth! My eyes widened and I immediately spit it out, making a popping sound.

River laughed and wiped his now wet thumb on his pants to dry it.
"There."

I started up at him, still confused and embarrassed by our previous encounters. River chuckled at me and gently pushed me inside.

I snapped out of it and walked in. River followed and we sat down on the couch.
"Baby toda-" he starts saying, but cut himself off as his eyes grow a few shades darker.

He slowly brought his hand forwards as I stare at him in confusion. He smirks and gently traces something on my neck. Oh my goodness I forgot.

"You didn't cover them up?" He questions with a pleased tone. I shook my head and bolted upstairs to my bathroom.

I look in the mirror to see a handful of quarter sized purple hickeys all along my neck. How did I not notice this? I almost went to school like that!!

I quickly covered them up with concealer, and grabbed the tube to put in my backpack in case it rubs off.

As I got back downstairs, I saw
River sitting in the exact same spot looking slightly disappointed.

"Oh don't give me that look, I think we both know that there no way that I could've gone to school like this!" I exclaimed.

River faced me with a smirk on his face. "Why not," he teased. I glared at him and quickly slipped the tube of concealer in my backpack before slinging it over my shoulder and walking to the door.

"Baby I'm just kidding!" He chuckled as he followed me out the door and to his car. I smiled when I noticed that he's driving a new car that I've never seen before. It's a pretty dark blue color.

"Oh, do you like it baby?" River asks sounding a little shocked. I nodded and smiled at him, showing my beautiful white teeth.

He chuckled and opened the door for me, and I whispered a small thanks. He smiled in return, then got in the drivers seat.