Chapter IV

She glided the pencil across the page slowly and with skill, the graphite creating a curved line just how she wanted it . Each stroke had a smudging quality that made it look smoother than normal. Her green orbs gazed upon her sleeping friend every time she stirred, she was worried; why wouldn't she be? Once her friend had settled down again and was sleeping peacefully like before, she continued to sketch. Her grip on her pencil was a bit too firm this time which caused the led to snap after a few new strokes. She cursed herself of her foolish actions and closed her little journal, she'll finish that later. She sat at the end of her straw bed and pulled her boots onto her feet, tying the laces just like her father taught her so many years ago. She buttoned up her vest after pulling on a cloth shirt and then begun to tie her dagger sheath close to her side. Every blade was different in this Guild however, they all shared the same crest. Once she was satisfied with her clothing, she waddled over to her sleeping friend and lightly poked her cheek. A frown dawned over her face when Korra didn't show any signs of waking up any time soon. She poked her again ... nothing.

A frustrated groan escaped from Kuvira's lips, she had enough. Kuvira raised her hand slightly and slapped the girl on the cheek, a little harder than she entended to . But it did the job, Korra awoke almost suddenly from the impact and immediately grunted when her shoulder didn't like the sudden movements .

"What the hell you prat, what was that for?" She exclaimed, clutching onto her shoulder.

Kuvira surpressed a laugh that was bubbling in her throat and reached for her coat.
"It's about time you woke up."

"How long was I out for ?" Korra asked, sitting up slowly as she tried not to hurt herself even more.

"Since yesterday when we were with Doctor Amon." Kuvira answered, placing her journal and broken pencil into her storage chest.
"You were exhausted, I'm glad you finally got some rest."

Korra only nodded in response, blinking a few times so her eyes could adjust to the candle light. She noticed that her friend was ready to leave but for whatever for?
"Where are you off to ?" Korra asked, watching Kuvira placing a few cold coins into her pocket.

"To the market, I need a few things." She answered, closing her storage chest shut.
"Do you want me to get you anything?"

"No," Korra replied, reaching for her own boots.
"I'll come with you."

"Don't be daft , you can hardly walk." Kuvira chuckled, taking Korra's boots out of her reach.
"You need to rest yourself more."

"I'm fine." Korra stated, getting to her feet so she could reach her boots. Her stance was wobbly and her knees soon gave out, luckily Kuvira caught her before she hit the floor; just like she did the other day in the medical room.

"It sure looks like it.. Besides you wouldn't survive 5 minutes . Your face is plastered on every wall." She joked, helping her friend sit back down on her bed. She then gestured to the wanted poster that lay on their shared wooden table.
"So , I'll ask again. Do you want me to get you anything from the market?"

Korra sighed in defeat.
"An apple, you know which ones I like."

Kuvira smiled and opened the door and stepped out of their shared quarters.
"I'll be back soon. You might want to visit Kai soon when you're well enough to stand , your dagger should be ready by now." She explained.
"Be sure to bring him some breakfast too, you know how he is." She added before closing the door to their room, leaving Korra alone.

<->

Though the streets were quite small, nothing could prevent everyone that lived here going about their day. It didn't matter which way they turned, their ears were filled with noise of chatter, horse and carriages trotting against the cobbles on the floor. Asami couldn't even focus on one conversation there were too many, but she loved this atmosphere. Everyone was busy , everyone had a job to do, the joy of the market place . Mako and Bolin exchanged a glance at eachother before letting their eyes dart around the market place to search for any unusual ativity, Asami noticed their unease and she too let her eyes wander. Her emerald orbs soon found the guards posted on each corner of the street, of course they were there because of her ; not that she was complaining, it made her feel safe. She continued to follow Opal through the market place, Mako made sure that there was some distance between Miss Sato and other villagers; that was his job after all.