Chapter XV

"Gran Gran , we're back." Jinora announced, holding the door open for Korra.
"Korra caught us some fish."

Katara soon made her way into the front room and took the fish out of Korra's hands.
"Thank you dear."

Korra smiled at her and responded.
"No problem. After everything you've done for me, this is the least that I could do."
Katara smiled back and strolled her way over to the fire, resting the fish above it so they could cook. Korra swung off her coat and hung it neatly on the hook that was nailed into the wall in the corner of the room. She grabbed her belt that held her dagger in it's sheath and sat down at the dining table. Jinora joined her after she put everything from their trip away in their crates.

The blue eyed girl unsheathed her dagger and gently stroked her finger across the pattern on the blade. This very pattern could be incinerated, destroyed so she could never see their Guild crest ever again. However, the pattern on her back was there forever, it was like the Red Lotus will always be apart of her and she hated that. She wanted to get rid of this blade ever since she had ran away but, she just couldn't. Kai had made this for her, specifically for her; no one else. This was all that she had left of him, how could she throw something like that away? Korra felt a pair of brown eyes watching her from across the table, she looked up and smiled at Jinora. She saw that she was intrigued by the blade that sat in her hands.

"Come here." Korra said, motioning her over. Jinora obeyed and sat in the seat that was closer to the taller woman. Korra gently handed her dagger over to her friend and watched her examine it fully.
"It's a beautiful blade isn't it?"

Jinora nodded, trailing her fingers over the Guild crest just like Korra did.
"Indeed. I've never seen one like this before."

"Kai was probably the finest black smith I ever knew." Korra said. Jinora had recognised that name before, it was in one of Korra's tales that she had shared with her once. She knew a lot about her times in the Red Lotus, a lot about her friends too.

"He seems very skilled. How exactly did he do this?" Jinora asked, reffering to the pattern engraved onto the blade.

Korra chuckled and help up her hands like she was surrendering.
"Don't ask me, I have no idea."
The two girls laughed for a short moment.

"Do you remember that day at the lake when my brother bumped into you?" Jinora said, letting out a chuckle as she recalled the memory.

Korra raised an eyebrow.
"Meelo was it?" She asked, Jinora nodded.
"Yes I remember."

"After we had met, he told me you said that he needed to be careful around blades like this. That he could seriously hurt himself." Jinora explained, letting her index finger gently graze over the tip of the blade.
"I just feel like I should thank you for that."

Korra twitched her lips into a small smile at her friend's words.
"You're welcome."

As time passed, Katara had finally dished up their dinners and placed them onto the table where they begun to eat.
"Now that I'm well.." Korra begun, eating away at her cooked food.
"I should start thinking about returning to the town."

Jinora frowned.
"But you'll be killed on sight."

"Not if I blend in." Korra replied, making Jinora sigh.
"I know you said that Asami and Yasuko Sato are safe. But, I feel like they aren't."

Katara paused her eating and looked at the woman.
"How will you make a difference in their safety?" She asked in a calm tone.

"I know how the Red Lotus thinks, I know how they act." Korra explained.