Chapter XXII

Kuvira looked down at her attire after she had brushed off anything that would make her look unpresentable. She had been contemplating about coming here. After everything that happened with Korra that day, she couldn't get it out of her head. Not that the fact that she had the urgent desire to hurt her old friend, but the fact that Korra had tried to stop the Red Lotus. Indeed, she did leave but Kuvira thought it was unacceptable of her to turn against the Guild. The Guild that had been home to her for many years; like it had been for Kuvira. She thought that it was right that Zaheer knew about this. She knocked three times on his office door.
"Sir, could I have word ?"

"Come in."

With that approval she pushed open the office door and almost instantly regretted it. Amon was standing at the desk, opposite Zaheer. She didn't realise he would be here too. Amon turned himself around to see who had walked in and he nodded his head at Kuvira as a greeting. Kuvira nodded back, however her eyes lingered over his face for a few more seconds. It was wrinkled; scarred. Like it had been burnt. Even though it wasn't really nice to look at, it made the fellow twice the more intimidating than he was without it.
"I'm sorry to intrude but I need to discuss something with you." Kuvira announced, standing at attention.

Zaheer looked at Amon and then back at Kuvira.
"Can it wait?" He said, clearly annoyed that his conversation was interrupted.

"It's about Korra." Kuvira said, those words had peaked his interest.

Zaheer nodded, intrigued on what she had to say.
"Continue."

"The day Desna completed his Yasuko contract. He was stopped by Korra in town." She explained, recalling her memory of the scene.
"She was blathering about how you were not to be trusted. She has offically turned against the Guild."

Zaheer froze yet he didn't show it. His facial expression remained stern and straight. Yet, his thoughts were a different story. The only possible reason for why Korra turned against the Guild was because she had learned the truth. The real truth on how her parents died. The only way she had learned this knowledge could've only been from his old friend. Hiroshi Sato. If he can manage to get his most loyal member to turn against his Guild, then there's a high chance he could turn the rest of his members against it too. Zaheer's whole reputation was in jeopardy if that man was still walking and breathing.

Calmly, the large man reached into his drawer and pulled out a sheet of paper.
"Kuvira, Amon. I have a contract that I'd like you both to complete." He said, slipping the page infront of them.

Kuvira was the first one to look at the contract. As she read further down the page, her confusion spiked. Her eyebrow ascended as she looked at Zaheer full of question.
"But Sir.. this confuses me." She states handing the contract to Amon, who had the same reaction. This was all a bit sudden.
"I thought we weren't killing Hiroshi. You wanted him to suffer."

"That was a mistake. I let revenge get the better of me." Zaheer replied.
"I've been watching him for a long time. Hiroshi is a criminal, a dangerous criminal and he needs to be stopped."

Amon nodded, understanding what the leader was saying.
"Agreed."

"But what about Korra?" Kuvira asked, completely misunderstanding this whole situation. This was all rather abrupt for her liking.

"Korra has indeed left the Guild but if your accusations of her tunring against us is true then she's a traitor to the people.." Zaheer hummed, folding his arms.
"If she tries to interfere with your contract, don't hesistate to put her down."
Kuvira was lost for words. Yes, she did try and kill her the other day but that was purely out of rage. She didn't actaully want to hurt her. But now, Zaheer has given her orders to actually do it.
"Is there a problem Kuvira?"