Chapter XIX

"The pellet missed the vital organs." Hiroshi explained, holding Asami's hand tight.
"They also got the shrapnel out."

Asami held his hand tighter.
"So , she'll be okay?"

Hiroshi gave his daughter a smile.
"She'll be okay."

Asami couldn't help but pull her father into an embrace. Everything had calmed down since the morning when all the events happened. Lin had sent out multiple searches for the assassins that she had met in the alleyway but they had no luck, they had completely fled from the area from what she had heard. The security around the Manor had doubled which wasn't a problem for Asami, she just wanted her mother to be safe. And she was. Her medical room had atleast 10 guards around the area, two posted on each window. She was more than safe.
"How long will it be until she is able to walk again?"

Hiroshi shrugged, not even the doctors had an exact date.
"A month at most, possibly longer ."

"When can I see her?" Asami asked.

"You can see her soon. She's still unconscious though." Her father responded, moving to the door of her bedroom.
"Try and get some rest. Mako and Bolin are out here if you need them."

"Thank you father." Asami said, smiling as Hiroshi left her bedroom. She took her fathers words into consideration and slipped into bed .

<->

"Is the deed done?"

Eska looked at her brother, waiting for his response.
"Yes Sir." Desna answered. But that was a lie, he didn't know if he hit the shot right. Maybe he should've waited a bit longer until Kai had made some more flintlocks. Maybe he should've trained with Kuvira more so his accuracy was a little better. Even so, Kuvira wasn't the best shooter, neither an archer. The Guild really missed Korra for those exact reasons. She was an excellent member; such a shame she ran away.

Zaheer turned around and looked at his confused expression.
"Are you sure?"

Desna swallowed the lump in his throat and stood up tall.
"Yes Sir."

Zaheer nodded and pulled out a drawer. He grabbed a cloth bag full of gold coins and placed it on the desk.
"Your next contract is Asami Sato." He said, sliding the contract across the table. He had shown them this one before but he thought it would be easier if they both did one contract at a time. He learnt that the hard way with a certain runaway member.

The twins nodded as they pocketed the gold.
"Yes sir."

As soon as the twins shut the door to Zaheers office, Kuvira had pulled them both by the collar and dragged them into Kai's workshop. She held out a hand and they both looked at her with a confused stare.
"Pay up." She said, sternly.

"Why would we pay you?" Eska spat as she swatted Kuvira's hand away from them.

Kuvira frowned and pulled her hand out again.
"I saved both of your lives you twit. I deserve some of your rewards." She replied, just as coldly.
"Now. Pay up."

"Kuvira is this really necessary?" Kai asked, not wanting a scuffle to happen in his workshop.

"You, Shut it." She said, her palm still flat as she awaited for the gold coins to fall onto it.

"We aren't paying you."

Kuvira scoffed as she grabbed Desna by the collar and lifted him off the ground slightly.
"I helped you complete that contract. Without me, you would've ended up like Korra."
Kuvira paused as she looked him in the eye, his face full of freight.
"Pathetic."