Chapter XVII

The sun had set faster than expected when the pair reached town, which was helpful on their behalf. The streets were still littered with villagers but not as many as before; Sato guards were still everywhere and Jinora made sure she stood close to Korra because of this .

Korra's eyes were looking at each and every guard whilst also checking every minute to see if her cloth covering was still secure around her face. She did look a little dodgy as she also had her hood up as well but people didn't really look twice, Jinora had made sure of that. They were nearing the market ,that was still slightly busy, when korra moved herself closer to Jinora in order to whisper into her ear.
"I need to get to the top floor." The top floor was normally where all the servants were in a manor like this, if there was a Red Lotus assassin in that manor , they were more than likely posing as a servant.

Jinora nodded.
"I can try and get you through the halls."

"No, that won't work. We'll be stopped at the front doors." Korra said. She carefully moved her gaze around the structure of the Manor, looking at every detail and every ledge. It then wandered over to the nearby houses, the roofs, the windowsills; then to the small alleyway between two houses. Her route was planned.
"Try and get me down that alley. I can climb up to the manor from there."

Jinora followed her gaze and saw what she was talking about. She slung her arm around her shoulders and escorted her to the alleyway, they were hidden from any guard's view.
"Is there anything you need me to do? Tell my father?"

"No, that's quite alright. You should go home now." Korra said, shaking her head.
"I can take it from here."

Korra begun to prepare herself by making sure everything was tightly fitted around her body but, Jinora had interupted her check with a hug.
"Be careful, please." She said, her voice muffled as she dug her head into the taller girls shoudler.

Korra smiled and didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around her friend.
"I will. Thank you, for everything."

The two girls parted from their embrace after a few moments and smiled.
"I live close to the market, come find me if you need anything."

Korra nodded and watched Jinora stroll out of the alleyway, leaving her completely alone in the dim light. The blue eyed woman took a breath and begun to sprint, building up enough momentum so she could kick off the wall to her left and hang onto the windowsill that was to her right. She hung there for a moment, a few feet off the ground, before pulling herself up so she was up close against the window. She was lucky that whoever owned this house wasn't in that room, that would've been a little awkward. She trailed her hand across the structure of the house before finding a firm grip. She started to climb up the face of the building like it was a climbing wall from a child's park .

Her hands soon gripped the tiles of the roof and she pulled herself up, that was just a warm up. As she was about to venture further to the Manor across the roofs of houses, she mentally cursed herself when she saw a guard posted on a platform. He stood up straight with a musket at his side, a small rank of a Private; a rookie . This completely threw her off guard. Since when did they post them ontop of houses? Korra frantically looked around to see if there were anymore more like this around town but no, this was the only one. How strange.

If she wanted to advance further, she had to deal with this guy first. Korra rolled her eyes and stepped closer to the guard from behind; her steps like a feather, inaudible . She brought her hand up to his shoulder and lightly tapped it, making him jump in freight and spin around. Before he could alert the whole town about her presence , Korra landed a hard punch to the side of his head, making him doze off almost immediately.