Chapter V

Captain Beifong stood at attention , awaitng to be called into the room that Mr Sato had made into his temporary office since... well the other one is a mess. She kept her arms firm and her back straight, her hands firmly gripped together, not a crinkle in her uniform. Her coat had a small pocket at the front where she kept most of her valuables, though it was only tiny; it held a silver fountain pen that was one of her favourites. At her side , a flintlock pistol was tied against her hip tightly.

"Lin, come in please." The booming voice of Mr Sato called from within the Tempory office. Captain Beifong did what she was commanded and strode into the office, meeting with both Mr and Mrs Sato. The room wasn't big but it wasn't small; it was cozy to say the least with a small oak desk planted in the middle of it all.
"I apologise for calling you to my office again but, I need to discuss the safety of my daughter."

"Of course Mr Sato," She answered in a stern tone, her posture excellent as always.

"My wife and I have had a discussion about whether we should appoint her two personal guards instead of just one." Mr Sato explained.
"It's not that we don't trust Mako,"

"I understand you completely Mr Sato." Lin agreed, looking between the couple.
"Who did you have in mind?"

Hiroshi straightened his jacket and continued.
"I was hoping I could leave that choice to you. You're one of my most loyal guards of this family and I trust that you'll make the right choice."

Lin gulped as she felt the pressure unload onto her shoulders. She had to choose?
"Very well Sir, I'll see to it right away." She replied, keeping herself composed.

"Thank you Lin, You may go now." Hiroshi said with a smile. Lin inclined her head in a bow and stepped out of the office , closing the door behind her.

Kuvira furrowed her eyebrows at the scene she just witnessed from her postition , she gripped tighter onto the tiles of the roof making sure she didn't slip. They couldn't stay here much longer, their muscles would soon fatigue. It took both of them a lot of effort to get this close to the Manor, the amount of Guards they had slivered by were uncountable but they made it under the cover of the night sky. She could clearly see Mr Sato's 'office' from here and that was as close as they could get at this very moment.
"I think this is as close as we are going to get Kai." Kuvira whispered, feeling the muscles in her arms starting to ache. Her identity was completely covered. The hood of her coat was pulled over her head and she wore a tight cloth that was pulled up from her chin to her nose. Only her eyes could be seen.

"I agree , there's too many of them." Kai muttered back, trying to find a place to reposition his foot. His identity was also covered.
"I think we should turn back now." His eyes travelled down to the market place, there were still a few people out and chattering which was a surprise since it was so dark out.

"I think we should." Kuvira mumbled. She took a good look around. A guard was position across the street from them, if she let go of the tile now and slid down she would definately be seen. If she pulled herself up to fully stand on the roof they were clinging onto, the whole market place would see them. They were stuck.
"There's only one way out of this Kai."

Kai shivered, the regret of volunteering for this rushed through him.
"We have to run." Kuvira finished , she didn't like the idea of this either .

"You can't be serious?" He pleaded for her to be joking but he knew Kuvira wouldn't make such jokes in a serious situation like this.

"On my command, you let go and follow me. We will be spotted." She explained, her eyes not breaking off of his. She was really serious about this.
"Whatever happens, do not kill anyone."