Chapter XLVIII

"So, same again tomorrow?"

Korra shivered and clutched onto the towel around her shoulders more tightly. She was freezing and soaked to the bone from what happened earlier.
"I don't think that horse liked me."

Tonraq snickered as he lifted up the latch on the fence. It took a few attempts, it was getting a little rusty.
"That's nonsense, you just needed to loosen up a little that's all." He said as he pushed open the fence.

Korra playfully knocked into her father.
"That would've been nice to know a few minutes ago."

Tonraq chuckled and pushed open the door to the cottage.

"Oh good heavens what happened to you?"

Korra tilted her cold head up. Her mother was there, a smile on her face as she stepped forward to the two at the door.
"Lake.. water, horse." She responded through chattering teeth.

Tonraq laughed again and closed the door behind him.
"I say it wasn't half bad for your first lesson."

Senna laughed and placed another towel around her daughter.
"Go dry yourself off Korra or you'll freeze to death."

The young girl nodded and sauntered her way through the cottage and into her room, the water streamed down her back from her wet hair. Her room was how it always was, small and cozy.

She sighed and felt her hand subconsciously slip down to her side, searching for something that wasn't there. Korra raised a brow and removed the towel from around her shoulders, looking down to where she was expecting to find something. That's weird...

"Korra." Senna called from the living room, which snapped the young girl back to reality.

"Yes?" She responded.

"Dinner is almost ready, hurry now."
The young woman sighed and dried her hair the best she could with the towels that she had. After putting on some fresh new clothes, she wandered out her room and into the dining area where both of her parents were. She was still cold, but she'd warm up sooner or later.

Senna placed a plate full of food out infront of her daughter, making Korra raise a brow at it.
"This is new.." Korra stated as she picked at the food on her plate. It looked like some sort of omlette, but not quite.

Senna placed the rest of the plates down and smiled.
"Try it."
Korra did just that. She tore a piece of the food off with her knife and placed a chunk of it in her mouth. Cheesy with dark leafy greens. This wasn't what she was expecting at all. She smiled at her mother.
"So..?" Senna asked, waiting for her opinion.

"This is really good. What's the green stuff?" Korra asked as she placed more of it into her mouth.

"Stinging nettle, chives and dandelion leaves."

Korra paused as if her thoughts had stopped entirely and it seemed that a piece of her food got stuck at the back of her throat. Senna patted her daughter's back, soothing her coughs.
"Don't worry, it's completely edible."

Tonraq had already finished his plate, he stood up and put it on the kitchen counter.
"That was actually really nice."

Senna raised a brow at her husband.
"Were you expecting my cooking to be bad?"

"No not at all." Tonraq answered as he scratched the back of his neck.
"Considering you used stinging nettles, it was good."

The woman let out a laugh as she started to eat too.
"Oh please. You just have to chuck out the stems from the dandelions, boil the rest together for a few minutes, cold water, squeeze, chop. Then that's it. Sting all gone. Eat what wants to grow, easy."