Chapter XXVII

The market was packed as always, the stalls were stuffed and the streets weren't bare at all, which made the street extremely narrow; forcing people to walk in a single file like soldiers. Large tattered wagons decorated with a collage of fruits and vegetables were parked to the side and their owners stood beside them screaming out prices like auctioneers.

These people were so busy that they didn't even know that one of their apples were missing. Korra had of course flicked a coin or two behind the counter, she never liked stealing. She scrambled up to her usual spot on top of Jinora's house and watched the market scene play out. There was a humour to watching the people go about their days, there would often be a few arguments as people bumped into eachother; this amused Korra sometimes. The way their faces scrunch up in fury as they are knudged by someone else, it was funny to her.

She bit into her rosy apple and smiled. She hadn't tasted something sweet like this in a while. Her legs swung down towards the floor and she sat on the roof, happily gazing down at the market below. No one could see her of course, this side of the roof went unnoticed by the Sato guards.

Sadly, her fun time came to an abrupt halt as a group of Sato guards moved through the streets of the market. They were marching in a protective manner and Korra could see why. Mr Sato was being escorted through the streets. Korra squinted her eyes in suspicion, placing her half eaten apple down on the tiles. She got to her feet and begun to follow the escort from the rooftops. What are they up to?

<->

Captain Beifong glanced towards the men and women she had ordered to help escort Mr Sato. She had brought Mako along since he is known to have a good shooting arm. She needed someone like that with her in this situation. However, the boy did decline at first since he is the personal guard of Asami Sato, he couldn't just leave his post. But Asami insisted that he went. After that, he agreed to come and here he was.

Lin recognised the numbers on the page Opal had presented. It was a place she had went to before, a warehouse near the outskirts of town; perhaps that's where most of the Red Lotus were hiding out. It made sense since the warehouse has been abandoned for many years. As the group strode through the market, the villagers weren't hesistant to move out of the way for them.

Hiroshi sighed as the looks he was getting from the people were full of worry and confusion. He understood why they were giving him these looks. He was a target for the Red Lotus after all. Being out in the open like this wasn't really the wisest idea. But, something serious must have taken place at this location and he was going to find out what. He was surrounded by his guard, Lin Beifong was leading the group; her hand not leaving the flintlock that was by her side. He was more than safe at this point.

As they exited the market area, Lin turned down into a street; the unfortunate part of the whole town came into view. Hiroshi had plans to make this place a lot better; however its not as easy as it sounds. It was far too expensive, but he's doing everything in his power to help the people. They marched further into the street until Lin noticed a Sato guard at the end. A rookie standing at attention with their back to them.

"Korra is right this way Sir." The rookie said and turned to continue walking down a path. The group followed the rookie down the path and the warehouse Lin had visited before was now in view.

It was a complete mess, to put it nicely. From outside the boarded windows, the shabby wood paneling and the pealing door that was bolted with iron rods. However behind the scary exterior the innards where equally destroyed, if not worse off. The rookie moved forward into the building and the door closed behind them. Hiroshi gave Lin a nod and he walked forwards towards the rotten door.
"I want you lot to stay outside and keep guard." Lin ordered to the squad that had followed.