Chapter XXXII

Suyin stared at the Captain that was sleeping, her body was bandaged up thoroughly since the incident. Lin had been resting for a while now and it was starting to worry the Sergeant. Su spent most of her free time in this room, making sure that everything was correct and her sister was well, despite her lack of consciousness. The Sergeant had even slept in the chair next to her, just to be sure. She wanted to be there for when her sister woke up.

No one really knew what happened to her, even though Hiroshi had explained it to the best of his ability; it was hard for everyone to believe. Suyin wasn't going to believe anything just yet either, she wanted to hear her sisters words about what happened that day. It all didn't add up at all. Maybe Hiroshi hit his head too hard? And he started to see things during the incident. Gosh, she didn't know. Did Korra really save them from Kuvira?

Kuvira.. The Sergeant despised that name. She had shook hands with the woman, the woman who had threatened her daughter; the woman who was a Red Lotus assassin. She wanted to destory the whole Guild, free the town from them once and for all. But that was completely out of her power. Even her sister couldn't handle two of them, so what makes her any different? Her thoughts were cut short when she saw her sister's bandaged hand twitch. Suyin quickly held Lin's hand in hers as her sister started to stir awake.
"Su?" Lin groaned as she groggily opened her eyes.

A smile painted onto Suyin's lips as she pulled her sister into a hug.
"Thank god you're alright."

Lin paused for a moment before she gently tapped Su's back.
"Is Hiroshi safe?" She asked as they pulled away from their embrace.
"And Opal?"

Suyin nodded, still holding onto her sisters hand.
"They're more than safe."

Lin smiled slightly, relieved that they were safe and sound. However, it soon dropped when she remembered the woman that had helped her. The woman who had saved her life.
"What about Korra?"

Su cocked an eyebrow at her sister. Why would the assassin be of interest to her?
"What do you mean?"

Lin realised that their hands were connected and didn't hesitate to shake her sister's hand off.
"Did Hiroshi not tell you?" She asked as she tried to sit up.

Suyin tried to assist her but Lin shook her head.
"Tell me what?" The Sergeant questioned.

Lin folded her arms. What on Earth happened whilst she was resting? Did Hiroshi tell them anything?
"Korra saved my life."

Suyin's eyes went wide. How could that be? Hiroshi was telling the truth but she didn't understand. Maybe Mako was right. Korra was trying to earn their trust like Kuvira had done to her daughter.
"What?"

"You heard me." Lin responded.
"Korra went against her Guild."

"But why?" Suyin questioned, placing a hand onto her chin in thought.

Lin huffed.
"How would I know?"

Su sighed as she gazed at her sister.
"The Colonel doesn't really understand what happened at the warehouse." She said.
"They've all been waiting for you to wake up and explain it."

"I'm sure Hiroshi explained it well enough. Why would they take my word over his?" Lin responded, turning her back to her sister as she decided to get ot her feet.

"Two witnesses are better than one." Suyin said.
"Korra could've only saved you to earn your trust, like Kuvira did with Opal."

Lin paused for a moment as she sat back down, her legs were far to weak to be standing right now. Suyin was right, maybe Korra only did that to earn her trust. But, whilst she was there; Korra seemed so genuine. She seemed so honest. The way she fought with that man at the warehouse, they didn't seem like they were acting at all. They were fighting to the death. And when she shot that man, Korra didn't lash out. Korra in fact said that she owed the Captain her life. That's got to mean something. Lin turned to face her sister again.
"At the warehouse Korra had distracted an assassin whilst Hiroshi escaped." She explained, earning Su's full attention.
"They were fighting. Korra and the Red Lotus assassin."