Chapter XLVI

Suyin pressed her index finger onto the map and trailed it down the page.
"One managed to slip away from us, they ran down this way."

"One got away?" Tenzin questioned, keeping his arms crossed.

"Yes, I'm afraid so." Su answered and stood at attention.

The Colonel sighed and took the map into his hands.
"Do you know if they were tied to the Red Lotus?"

Suyin nodded and placed a dagger onto the table in front of them.
"There are two more, but this one is different."

Tenzin cocked a brow at the impressive design engraved on the steel blade, he picked it up and examined it more closely. The Red Lotus Guild crest was clearly visible in the pattern.
"Looks like they were then. I'll order more guards to take another look out."

Lin made a face of annoyance. She had been in this room for a few minutes and she couldn't wait to get out. Explaining what happened in the alley to the Colonel was more frustrating than she let on.
"Do you realise that we have 3 of them under our custody?"

"They're unconscious Lin." Suyin responded. What use could unconscious people be to them at this moment?

"I'm aware Sergeant, but they could possibly have some information that could be some use to us. Papers, documents.. anything." Captain Beifong announced, giving her sister a slight glare.
"We can find out why they were after Miss Sato instead of wasting our time in here."

Tenzin hummed at that statement, the assassins could possibly hold some sort of intelligence that could help them discover their intentions.
"Very well, Captain I'll leave that job with you."

Lin nodded.
"Should I notify Hiroshi of this?"

"Yes." Tenzin said.
"Sergeant Beifong will assist you with the search, I'll be in here if you need me."

The Captain stepped forward shook her head in disagreement.
"I can do this alone, Suyin can help you in here."

Suyin rolled her eyes at her sisters stubbornness, of course she would say that. What Tenzin had ordered her to do was a two person job.
"Lin, this is a serious matter. I'm coming with you."

Lin crossed her arms and scowled.
"You'll be more of a hinderance than a help."

"That's enough Captain." Tenzin said.
"Sergeant Beifong will be accompanying you and that's an order."

The Captain huffed and inclined her head as a nod.
"Yes Colonel."

She spun herself around and left the office in a hissy. Her back leaned against the wall whilst she waited for her sister to follow. Suyin could be doing other things, something more productive but now she has to follow her around. The Sergeant soon exited the room, a small piece of paper in hand.
"Hiroshi is in the medical room, with Mako."

"Let's get going then."
Lin pushed herself off the wall and begun to walk down the hallway, Su followed her close behind.

The sisters walked in silence, only hearing the sound of their boots clicking against the wall way floor and the rattling of their flintlocks as they swayed at their side. Suyin folded the piece of paper into her pocket, she'll need to take some notes on their discoveries once they get there. The two Red Lotus assassins were being held in a compartment in the Manor. It wasn't exactly a prison cell but it was close to one. As for Korra, she was being attended to in a seperate medical room...but they weren't notified with which room it was.

Su gazed at her sister as they walked down the hallways of the Manor. Lin was always so tight, so serious. And she knew why. Su was never really a good sister when she was younger and her actions have clearly affected her relationship with the Captain. She was always late, she was always doing things wrong. Since the very start, Lin had been covering for the Sergeant taking the blame for her sister every single time, it almost costed her job at one point. Lin obviously wasn't letting it slide, even though that Su had become a more responsible person.
"Lin?"