Chapter XXXIV

Korra had double checked the perimeter of course before she had set out for Katara's yesterday. Jinora had requested her to meet up with her here. There was apparently something she wanted to talk about, something important. The assassin obviously accepted and here she was waiting for Jinora's arrival. She had of course said hello to Katara before she went outside for a bit. She in fact missed the old woman, seeing her again made her quite happy. However, she didn't really feel comfortable being all the way out here; so far away from the Manor. From Asami. It didn't feel right at all. Maybe she should've left a note.

She placed a large log, that she had chopped up earlier, onto a boulder. She made sure it was stood up nicely so it wouldn't topple over as soon as she let go.

Her skin was glistening and the nape of her neck damp as she lifted a rag up to her forehead, swiping it dry. She tucked the rag into her trousers and carried on. It was a hotter day than usual, not that Korra minded; she missed the heat actually. It had been rather cold lately, a hot day like this was refreshing in a way.

The assassin panted as she moved back over to pick up another log to place on the next boulder. She needed to practice her archery somehow, and how would she do that if she didn't have any targets? These logs would do perfectly fine. They were strong, slightly narrow. Not an easy shot, but not an impossible one either.

She wandered over to the pile of logs and knelt down, gripping the bark tightly of one of them. As she got to her feet again, she brought the log with her; slowly hobbling over to where she wanted to put it. She sighed in relief as she put the heavy piece of wood down, moving it into the right position like last time. The short haired woman brushed her hands against the thighs of her trousers, getting rid of the bark stains that were on her palm.

Before she could turn around, her blue eyes caught a glimpse of a figure emerging over the hill in front of her. As the figure came closer, she finally recognised who it was.
"Oh hey Jinora." Korra said, smiling at the girl.

"Hey." Jinora replied, watching Korra turn around to grab another log. The younger girl glanced over her shoulder to see where Asami was but it was obvious that she was still lacking behind. Probably still looking at the view. She sighed and gazed at the bow and arrows on the floor.
"Are you practicing again?"

"Well, I was going to then I realised I needed something to shoot at. Hence why I'm setting these up." Korra responded, struggling to find a good grip on the log. Jinora smiled as she saw Asami begin to stroll over the hill. However, the smile on the Sato's face soon faltered. Her green eyes studied the struggling woman from head to toe. Short hair, cloth shirt, brown trousers. She froze as her heart picked up its pace.

Korra had her back to the two as she still couldn't grab hold of this log, it was heavier; bigger. She needed a good grip in order to get it off the ground that's for sure.
"How's the town been for you?" She asked, completely oblivious to what was happening behind her.

Jinora suppressed herself from bursting out into laughter at Asami's expression. There was no doubt that the Sato was confused about this. Jinora and Korra knew eachother?
"Oh you know same old." Jinora replied with a smirk.

Korra smiles when she finally found a good grip on the log. She lifted it up in a swift motion, her arms contracting to the heavy weight.
"Good to hear." She wheezed as she heaved the log up into her chest. However, the log slipped from her grasp as she soon turned around; her blue eyes meeting green.
"Asami? What are you doing here?"

Asami snapped out of her shocked gaze and found her words.
"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" She said, her voice raised a few notches as she points between the two girls. Why didn't Jinora notify her of this?
"You know eachother?"