Chapter XXX

"Asami?" A muffled voice called from outside her bedroom, making the woman stir around in her bed.
"Asami are you awake?" Three knocks on her door echoed throughout her room. She didn't recognise this man's voice, he definitely wasn't Mako or Bolin.

"Yes." She groaned, sitting up in her bed as she rubbed her tired eyes.
"What is it?" Asami asked, looking at the empty sheets beside her. korra had left.. again. Well what was she expecting anyway? Korra wouldn't stay of course she wouldn't, she had other things to do. Korra is still a wanted woman in this town, what would happen if someone walked in and Korra stayed? Utter chaos that's for sure.

"Your father is holding a meeting and he wishes for you to be there." The solider responded.

"I'll be down in a few seconds." Asami yawned, getting to her feet. She strolled to her bathroom and got herself ready for the day. She hoped this meeting wasn't in the office. Not after last time.

<->

Opal held back her tears the best she could as she witnessed the argument play out in front of her. She was still guilty for what had happened the other day, all of that happened because of her. Mr Sato had forgiven her of course, he says that it wasn't her fault. But the woman can't help but blame herself. Suyin continued to stroke her daughter's back as she saw that she was uncomfortable in this situation. As was she.

"Mr Sato, I'm not quite sure I understand." Colonel Tenzin repeated for the second time. His head ached, he didn't get much sleep last night.

"I know it's hard to believe Colonel but it's true."

Asami sauntered into the room, making it silent for a moment. She gave an awkward smile to the superiors and made her way over to sit down by her mother. Her green eyes wandered over to where Opal sat, her fresh tears trickling down her cheeks. Mako and Bolin were also here, sitting at their seats. Captain Beifong was... no where to be found?  She leaned up and whispered into Yasuko's ear.
"Whats going on?"

Her mother sighed and muttered back to her daughter.
"It's about what happened yesterday."

"A Red Lotus assassin, the exact one who tried to assassinate you not long ago." Tenzin said, folding his arms. He didn't understand any words of what Mr Sato was saying.
"She risked her own life to save you?"

Hiroshi sighed and nodded. He had no other way to explain it.
"Yes. That's correct."

"So what do you suppose we do Sir?" Mako asked, cocking an eyebrow at the Sato.

"I'm ordering you to not kill her." The room went silent, all eyes were on the old man. Was he serious?

"Let an assassin roam around the town with free will?" Tenzin questioned, coming to a conclusion that maybe Mr Sato wasn't sober at this moment in time.

"She saved my life Colonel. Wh-"

"She saved mine too." Yasuko spoke up, getting to her feet. Hiroshi looked at his wife with wide eyes, she hadn't mentioned this to him before.
"When I was shot, she visited me in the medical room and gave me a serum. That's why my recovery was so swift."

Tenzin was somewhat furious about this new knowledge. The assassin had managed to get inside the manor without anyone knowing?
"I believe that Korra isn't against us. She's on our side." Yasuko finished, making Tenzin hum in thought.

"Well Opal believed Kuvira wasn't a threat. Kuvira earned her trust. Also the trust of Bolin, Asami and myself." Mako spoke up. The poor girl stiffened as her name was mentioned.
"Yet here we are now Mrs Sato. Korra could be going to the extreme to earn your trust. To get close to the Sato family. After that, it will be easy kills."