5- Blades

All activity in the room ceased the moment the door opened fully, revealing a group of sweaty men, wooden swords in their hands, staring at the entrance, before bowing their heads.

One of them jogged up to the door and did a full 90-degree bow to both Yoongi and Elira, "What brings you here, your highness?"

"Namjoon can you clear out all of them for now? We would like this room to ourselves for a while if that's not a problem-"

"It's not a problem at all. I'll let them know right away," he nodded at both of them, "your highnesses...," the tall honey-haired man replied before going back and ordering his men.

Yoongi and Elira walked into the now empty room, which in contrast to the cosy library, was large and airy. Rising two storeys tall, it was a mere wooden frame holding up an ornate trussed wooden roof, a lilac pennant hanging from its centre, the golden Magnolia shining.

"I also read, that one of your favourite past times was, combat," Yoongi said as they walked towards one of the walls lined with swords in their sheaths, baskets of wooden swords leaning against the walls.

"Well someone read their binder pretty well," Elira smirked as she stood next to him. 

Yoongi moved to grab the wooden swords when Elira stopped him, her hands brushing his, "Why not the real ones?"

"We don't want to risk anything now, do we?"

"Why not? It's not like our country's futures depend on us anyway," she joked as she picked one off the wall, unsheathing it, "Or are you scared, Min Yoongi?" 

Yoongi scoffed as he picked his sword out, "I hope you're not making a mistake, Elira"

"I hope you don't make the mistake of going easy on me," she smirked as she twirled the sword in her hand, feeling its balance before giving him a satisfied smile.
"Shall we?" Yoongi gestured to the centre wooden pedestal.

They walked to opposite ends of the wooden platform, their footsteps echoing in the empty combat hall, the pennant lazily moving in the afternoon breeze.

They crossed their swords in the centre,
"Honorem, Gloria, Libertatis!" Elira yelled before they separated, their swords sliding against each other

They mirrored each others' movements for a couple of minutes, Yoongi taking an opening and lunging forward

Clang

Clang

Swoosh

The only sounds were the metallic ring of the swords and their footsteps, gaining the attention of Namjoon and Alder, who walked back to the main entrance, hanging in the shadows as Elira and Yoongi battled it out.

It went on for minutes, both of their faces contorted with fierce glares of concentration, sweat beading on their foreheads, the shuffling of feet as they dodged each other.

Elira stopped a blow with the hilt of her sword, pulling back and hitting him again, both of them stuck in a headlock as they fought for dominance.
Yoongi's foot slipped for one second and Elira grabbed her chance, taking control of his sword and flipping it out of his grip, it clanging on the floor below the pedestal.

He looked at the sword while breathing heavily. Elira looked at him as she sliced the air one more time before sheathing her sword with a clean click, dropping on the ground soon after, her chest heaving up and down as Alder and Namjoon walked up to the pair, clapping.

"Well done, your highness!" Alder exclaimed as he handed Elira a towel.
Namjoon gave Yoongi his sword back, "That was a sight to behold"

Yoongi extended a hand to Elira, who graciously took it,
"As expected from a princess of a warrior kingdom~" he chimed as she stood up, dusting her pants

"Not too bad yourself," Elira sassed, making Yoongi chuckle.

"Another round, your highnesses?" Namjoon asked as he looked at them

Yoongi looked at Elira in question, who handed Namjoon her sword,
"Another time. How about tomorrow? I bet we've got some other places to go, don't we Yoongi?"

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at the first name basis both of them had arrived at. 

"Yes... We can do that. Tomorrow, first thing in the morning then?  But for now, shall we?" Yoongi said as he led the way out of the room, looking back at Namjoon with a nervous grin.

....

"That sword fight. That was something else-" Yoongi said as he threw his arms behind his head

"Woah there, you're being real chipper today, huh?" Namjoon said as he stood by Yoongi's seated form

"For the first time in forever, I felt like I had to really fight, you know?"

"The heck is that supposed to mean?!"

"Joon, both of us know that both of us duelling has gotten old now, after we practically fought every single day of our lives until now" Yoongi sighed as he propped his feet up on the wooden coffee table in front of him, "But this, this was like playing a complicated chess match, and you could see it in her face too, how she was thinking about everything, every move was calculated-"

"You're fangirling now about a girl you barely know-"

"It's not fangirling. It's me appreciating a person's skills, warrior to warrior"

"Ri-ight"

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "Don't tell me you're not in the least bit fascinated with the way she handled the duel today?"

Namjoon considered his words before he spoke, "She is indeed exceptional. But I'm not at all surprised too. Avar was and is still known for its military prowess. And the royal family come from a long line of ingenious warriors and brilliant strategists. She's known for being one of the best fighters in the country, it was mentioned in your binder too. The only reason why she didn't become the general is because she didn't want to concern herself with the intricacies and politics of battles. It's no wonder she is as good as she is,"

"And to think she didn't really have any physical advantages over me, like you, but still went on to destroy me like that," Yoongi observed as Namjoon cut him off, "No she didn't destroy you, you put up a good fight and if it took her that long, it also says something about your skills as well"

Yoongi didn't respond as he stared into the distance, Namjoon taking this as his cue to shut up, dropping a short bow before walking out of his bedroom.

"I need to read that binder again..." Yoongi whispered as he got up from his chair and walked up to his study, a smile on his lips.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N:

Sword fights

we love to see it☺

Don't forget to vote and comment! I really appreciate it!