27-Comfort

Yoongi watched her as she sat down behind her table. He walked up to the coffee maker in the corner and put a pot to start.

He then proceeded to sit in front of her as the machine whirred in the background, watching as she started up her computer and took out some envelopes that needed reading.

He furrowed his eyebrows when he watched her hands, still wrapped in bandages, shake ever so slightly as she did all of this.

"Elira... Your hands-"

"Hmm?" she asked, not looking up from the paper in front of her

He stood up and grabbed her right hand gently, "They're clearly shaking from exhaustion, You need to sleep-"

Elira scoffed, "After what just went down, I think I'm going to have a hard time doing that."

Yoongi let go of her hand as he thought about what she had said

She watched him as he looked nowhere in particular intensely

"It's fine I'm fine. I need to get all this done anyway," she said, her eyes following him as he turned and looked around the room.

He pointed at the sofa, "Sleep. I'll be right here. I've had enough sleep too. I can keep watch"

Elira's face softened, "Yoongi. Guards were oblivious. I think one punch and you'd be out cold so-"

"You have sparred with me, do you think I'm that weak?!" he protested as he sat up a little straighter

Elira laughed, Yoongi chuckling along.

"The only other option is me sticking by you the entire time," Yoongi said indifferently as he went and situated himself on the sofa

Elira blinked before she registered what he meant, "Eye- MIN YOONGI WHAT ARE YOU SUGGESTING-"

Oh, how Yoongi wanted to curl up and disappear this instant.

He cleared his throat as he patted next to him, "You need sleep but you cannot sleep alone. This sofa has enough space for the two of us-" he said as he gestured, his lips forming a slight smirk

If only Elira knew how much of a blubbering mess Yoongi was under that cool facade, he'd never hear the end of it.

"This isn't weird is it?" Elira asked as she slowly stood up, genuinely considering it, her mind fuzzy from all the activity this last twenty-four hours, "We're friends, it's fine. This is fine"

The butterflies in her stomach said otherwise.

Yoongi nodded as he scooted closer to the backrest, Elira sitting on the edge with a sigh.

She hesitantly laid down, immediately feeling an arm wrap around her waist

"Yoongi what the fuck-"

"Do you want to fall off the edge?"

Their hearts beat a mile a minute as they refused to meet each other's eyes, finding a comfortable arrangement.

Exhaustion got the better of Elira, her passing out in a while, her calm breaths prompting Yoongi to fall asleep soon after to the gentle hum of the coffee machine.

.....

Yoongi stirred, feeling something velvet along his left side, he turned over, hands firmly across something silky and soft. He readjusted himself, stopping when he heard soft whines of protest from the silky object next to him. 

His eyes shot open, only to see Elira snuggled up against his chest, burying her head in the soft fabric of his knit pyjamas. 

He felt her slowly slipping away, moving his arm over to hold onto her more securely, he shifted, trying his best not to wake her up.