32- Stratagem

Ye jun handed the paper back to secretary Jung. 

"It's all over the news your majesty. they have also acquired video clips-"

Ye jun waved it off, "Ah this was bound to happen. Let it die down on its own. we have better things to deal with-"

"I TOLD YOU YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT HIM ALONE!" Yong Saeng said as he barged into the study, waving his copy of a newspaper in his hand, "Diplomatic visit my as-"

Ye jun raised his hand, silencing the boy, before gesturing Mr Jung to leave the room.

"So? What is the problem here?"

"What is the problem?" Yong saeng scoffed, "It's so unprofessional and unbecoming of a royal to declare it's a diplomatic visit and then to go on dates out in public. The audacity-"

Ye jun laughed, "What? Are you mad he got the girl you were after?"

Yong saeng looked taken aback, his mouth opening and closing as Ye jun walked in front of Yong saeng

Ye jun reached up and brushed the dust off of Yong Saeng's shoulder, "Why'd you want her anyway? hmm? I don't think she was the one for you, hmm?" he said lowly as Yong saeng stiffened

"What-"

"Think about it. Why did you want to marry her? You seemed hardly interested till a couple of years ago? And if I recall correctly," Ye jun licked his lips and leaned closer to Yong Saeng's ears, "It was only because I had put the idea in your head-"

Ye Jun drew back and Yong Saeng looked at him confused

"Have you been thinking for yourself? Or was it one of the ways you wanted to seek approval?"

"Are you insinuating I cannot think for myself?"

"I'm not insinuating anything, my boy, I'm stating facts here. That move failed, so here we have, my second move, doing his job just fine-"

Yong saeng stood there unmoving as Ye jun took the paper from his hands, smiling at the picture of Elira and Yoongi, "You all are still so naive..."

"You cannot be serious right now?"

Ye jun smiled as he turned away from Yong saeng, waving him out.

Yong Saeng stood, his face contorted in confusion before he bowed and walked out, his steps hesitant as the door closed behind him.

...

Yoongi sighed as he sat back in the car, loosening his tie as he looked out at the reporters trying to get close to the car. He swallowed as he tried to steady his breathing. It never got easier, snaking through the crowds, but everyone seemed much more interested in Korea's secondborn due to yesterday's developments.

"Your highness?' Secretary Choi asked from the front seat. Yoongi reached out a hand for a bottle of water, swiftly provided by Mr Choi.

"That was the last engagement for this trip. your flight is scheduled for 6:00 pm in two days. Would you like me to book any leisurely engagements in the city? A museum visit or?"

"Huh? Um, no. Thank you."

Yoongi looked out the window.

Two weeks had passed that fast huh.

He smiles as it comes back in flashes

....

Elira fussed with her hair as she took a breath and raised her hand to knock on the door. All she'd gotten was a text from Yoongi asking her if she wanted to stop by his room.

She knocked and Yoongi opened it promptly, glancing in the corridor before swiftly pulling her in.

"What- ", Elira said as he closed the door, "Nobody saw me Yoongi and even if they did they wouldn't dare-"  

She was cut off by Yoongi kissing her, one hand on her cheek pulling her in, the other on her waist holding onto her as her knees went weak.

He withdrew, deep brown eyes looking into her heterochromatic ones as she stared at him dumbfounded, chest heaving, eyes searching

"What the fuck-"

"Shhh..." Yoongi whispered as he rubbed his thumb on the apple of her cheek with a gaze so loving Elira couldn't look at him, her cheeks heating up, "I don't want to forget what this feels like till I can meet you again... how you make me feel..." he said softly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Two more days huh," Elira said, leaning forward, resting her chin on his shoulder. They stood in silence for a few beats before Elira drew back with an exhale, "We'll manage it. After all, calls can be made and messages can be sent... We don't even have to use code names anymore..."

Yoongi laughed, unwrapping his arms from around her, holding her by his side instead as they walked into his room and then the garden.

The bare branches of the tree did nothing to obscure the pale moonlight that shone on the bench.

They sat next to each other on the bench and suddenly all the bravado they both seemed to possess a few moments back seemed to have eluded them, both of them very aware of each other's presence, shyness and awkwardness rushing back. They stole glances but neither uttered a word as the insects chirred, an occasional breeze causing the branches to whistle.

"I want this to work out so bad," Elira said under her breath, Yoongi leaning in as she continued, "But with everything to come and you away in an entirely different country with your own duties I- I don't think it's gonna work out-"
Yoongi let out a shaky breath as he took one of her hands in his own, engulfing it in warmth, "sometimes, sometimes you shouldn't think. You just have to believe. And I believe, with all my heart, that we'll figure it out, the geniuses that we are."
Elira chuckled as she looked down at their hands

"I'm gonna call you every night. You better be prepared," Yoongi said as he leaned back on the seat, "I'm gonna look at that pretty face every day no matter what-"

Elira looked at him, trying to hide her smile, "oh I have a pretty face huh?"
Yoongi tapped her nose with his finger, "The prettiest..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N:
I am so bored and the end of every semester is so hectic I don't want to work please lemme sleep ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

*literally writing this to escape/ avoid my responsibilities*

thank you for reading! And vote and comment if you wanna, it really helps me!