40- Stolen

Elira sat at her desk with General Darian standing in front of her.

It had been a week since Yoongi had left. The both of them had kept in touch through scattered voice messages and video calls, trying their best while being neck-deep in their own duties and responsibilities. 

"Your majesty there have been some significant developments in the investigation..."

"Do go on, General. I heard there was an international conference going on a couple of days before the incident?"

"Yes ma'am. The royal physician was summoned for a check-up of the king, who had mentioned feeling a little under the weather,"

"So Dr Silas was called over to the king's quarters and he did the needful, I presume"

"Precisely, your majesty. The royal physician was required throughout the entire conference, as it was, after all, an important one hosted by us. So,  he excused himself for a while, tending to the king, prescribing him the IV and rest for the coming week, before leaving, at the behest of the king,"

"Typical of Papa... So who was it that took care of him after? Was there anyone else?" 

"This is where it gets a little questionable, your highness..."

Elira raised an eyebrow

"The royal physician of Korea was seen in the footage, taking care of the king, while Dr Silas left. From the interrogations, we've found that Dr Kim accompanied Dr Silas from the conference to the infirmary and stayed behind to do the needful..."

"Was- was this the same Dr Kim who performed the following postmortems on papa and Kiana?"

"I'm afraid so, ma'am... I know that we cannot jump to conclusions here but from what we know so far-"

Elira gripped the edge of her table as her head swam, General Darian's voice dulled as her own mind couldn't keep up with her thoughts

"Your majesty?" 

Elira looked up at general Darian, concern on his face as he took a step forward 

"So, what you're saying is, this was a possible assassination..."

"Yes," General Darian agreed reluctantly

"And to be more specific, a Korean assassination..."

"It looks like that, your majesty-"

Blood roared in Elira's ears

"I'm not sure who would be involved in this your majesty, but considering the chief physician was involved it must've been the king-"

"General Darian, could you give me a moment, I- I need to think about this... please continue what you were doing and find some more evidence to prove this but for now, could you leave me alone?"

General Darian bowed shortly, hesitating before turning on his heel and leaving the study

Leaving Elira alone with her thoughts as she spiralled down what seemed to be an endless rabbit hole of conspiracy

....

Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his phone screen. 

Elira hadn't been picking up his calls for the last couple of days.

 He had assumed she was busy, but then again, this was unlike her...

Fear began to eat away at his mind.

"Your highness, your audience with the queen begins in fifteen minutes"

Yoongi put his phone in his pocket and nodded