19- Liking

Yoongi smiled to himself as he looked down at his closed palm, not noticing the glare thrown at him by his brother

"What the heck was that?"Yong Saeng harshly whispered, "Fratenising with the queen? Going so far as to lean in and whisper?! When there are cameras?!"

Yoongi sighed as he looked out the window

"Are you even listening to me? What do you think you're doing? She's way out of your league-"

Yoongi scoffed, "And she's in yours? I heard she rejected your proposal-" 

Yong saeng looked taken aback, looking at the glass partition that separated them from the driver and staff, "You better watch your mouth while you're here,"

"To clear things up, Elira and I are nothing more than friends. And it doesn't matter what the newspapers and tabloids say when we know the facts," Yoongi deadpanned before looking back out, his hand curling tighter around the slip of paper as he waited for the car journey to end.

...

The stone behemoth that was the Avarian state palace let Yoongi put things into perspective.  Showing their history and might as a warrior nation, the stone had been worn over years of harsh weather and attacks. Imposing in its majesty, a lighter stone camellia above the entrance arch proving their dominance. Elira walked ahead of them, occasionally turning back to give them a smile and make polite conversation with Ye-jun, Yong saeng occasionally remarking on something.

The interior however was starkly opposite, with the stone walls keeping the inside cool,  windows every couple of steps letting in breeze and light, wooden flooring and colourful rugs now and then, making the place more welcoming. 

"I'm afraid I will have to take my leave. Alder here will take you to your respective rooms and there will be servants on call to comply with any of your requests and wishes," Elira said with a smile and a nod before she turned right, walking down to her office, as Alder gestured to the left, leading the way to the guest wing of the palace. Yoongi caught a glimpse of Elira walking as she disappeared, before falling in step behind his parents.

.....

Yoongi was led into a bright room, its walls done up in cream and light rose wallpaper, a study off to the side with books of every kind. But what caught Yoongi's attention was the large windows, which led into a small private walled garden. white and light pink camellia bushes lining its edges, a weeping cherry tree in its centre, its branches laden with blossoms. A small wooden bench sat underneath, perfect for one person.

"I hope the room is to your liking, your royal highness?" Alder mused as Yoongi smiled and nodded

"Thank Queen Elira for me..."

Alder bowed with a smile and left, leaving Yoongi alone in the garden, the male gazing up at the sky as he sighed contentedly.

He reached into his pocket and felt a piece of paper, pulling it out super fast when he remembered.

the note

He unfolded it

Dear fine sir,

I hope you like(d) the room!

I wanted to ask you if you'd like to be my first dance after I'm coronated? Traditionally, the queen is married before she's coronated and her first dance is with her husband, but since I'm in no rush to do THAT for this, I thought I'd ask you. (I hope this isn't too weird, but I couldn't think of anyone else-)

I mean

We've already practised ~

If it's a yes, come to the ballroom at around 6 in the evening. We only have one day (or rather, one evening) to get it right...