30- Relent

Elira's looked at the ground as Yoongi and her waited for the car to pull up, the air between them thick with unspoken tension.

The dance had ended with the crowd cheering for them, the both of them taking their seats soon after, blushing...
Yoongi didn't know what had come over him through the entire thing, smiling that he had the courage to do what he'd been wanting to do for a while.

Elira on the other hand was conflicted, her mind whirring at a mile a minute.
She fidgeted with her fingers as Yoongi looked at her thoughtfully, both of them illuminated in the warm lights of the street and the cafe.
The car pulled up in front of them and Yoongi reached out and opened the door, gesturing Elira to get in.
She smiled as she bent down to get in, Yoongi gently closing the door after her before walking over to the other side of the car.

He looked at her expectantly but she wouldn't meet his eyes, looking out the window instead

Did I do something wrong? Was I moving too fast?

He sighed as he relented, looking out the window too.

....

Elira walked out of the shower, drying her hair with a towel when she heard her phone buzz.

Elira draped the towel over one of the armchairs, every inch of movement punctuated by her own thoughts

She liked Yoongi a lot

It might be more than like but she wasn't ready to admit that just yet

not when loving someone like that came with consequences

but she couldn't help but wonder how it would be to let herself go. Let herself have this for once, have him for once, no strings attached

The constant messages, the dinners together, the late-night conversations

The warmth and comfort he radiated.

He felt like home

Elira what are you saying you cannot afford this you cannot do this