29- Glow

Elira stood in front of her closet, wondering how the fuck did she get herself into this situation.

This one time, she didn't want the dresser to pick out her clothes, and so she paced in front of the opened cupboards, looking over the elegant formals and dresses she didn't fully recognise.

She stopped in front of the sundresses, biting her lip in contemplation as she flipped through them.

She stopped when her fingers found a structured cotton dress in blush,  delicate roses printed all over it.

She pursed her lips as she turned it over in her hands, holding it up in front of her in the mirror,

"I guess this is what we're doing now," she said to no one in particular as she went into the dressing room to get changed.

....

Yoongi stepped out of the Korean embassy, a newfound nervousness making him fidget with his fingers

The rest of the day was supposed to be the city tour with Elira.

He looked up at the trees lining the street in front of the embassy as he waited for the car to pull up.

The late afternoon sun shone through the branches as a gentle breeze ruffled the trees, making him smile.

....

He walked up to Elira, looking at the ground, sunglasses on her nose, a string of pearls around her neck, her hands behind her back, Clutching a handbag as she kicked something on the ground, completely oblivious of his arrival.

"Your majesty?" Yoongi whispered, making her jump before looking up at him,

"Shall we?" he asked with a smile as happiness replaced the surprise on her face.

Elira interlocked his arm with hers. They took a couple of steps before he leaned in and whispered, her familiar sweet citrus scent tickling his nose "You look beautiful today,"

Elira snorted in an attempt to hide the obvious blush creeping up her cheeks, "When do I not?"

Yoongi chuckled, "Fair enough," he turned to face her, "So, where do we begin?"
Elira pointed to her car turning the corner, "We could work our way from the outside in?"

"Sounds like a plan"
....

The car drove around Leas, Elira pointing out the areas of interest, from the national university to the museums and art galleries, occasionally chiming in with her memories from those places.

"There was this one time I took a piece of chocolate from an illuminated table and since nobody was paying attention, I opened it up and popped it in my mouth and turns out that was an art piece? Everyone had the scariest looks on their faces, even papa, who didn't know how to react, but then the artist, who was a nice old man laughed it off and asked me if the candy was good instead,"