24- Contrast

Yoongi stepped onto the outdoor balcony, the antique lamps lining the edge of the tiny terrace casting a warm glow over the entire place. He fiddled with his tie as he cautiously stepped forward, his eyes still adjusting the change in brightness. He spotted the two chairs, a candle flame inside a beautiful stained glass lamp lighting the table in various colours, Elira nowhere to be found. 

he looked around, his eyes falling on her back, her hair billowing behind her. 

He walked up to her, his steps carefully as he approached her. 

She turned around a smile on her face, the navy gown twirling with her form as she stood in front of him, a sash across her chest, a delicate tiara on her head. Yoongi bowed as she nodded, him taking her hand in his delicately, raising it up to his lips, placing a feather-light kiss. 

"Your majesty..." he said, looking up at her 

"Ambassador..." she answered with a nod before looking him up and down, a playful glint in her eyes, "You are looking fiiiine" she sang, letting out a low wolf whistle.

"Ah-" Yoongi choked for a second before chuckling as she stifled her laughter. 

"I thought this was supposed to be formal-" he said as she laughed a little more, throwing an arm around his shoulder

"I changed my mind. besides, how formal can we get at this point, Yoongi?" 

Yoongi chuckled as he guided her arm from around his shoulder, down, linking their arms at their side instead.

A noticeable blush crept on Elira's face as she looked at Yoongi who smiled, "Shall we?"

....

The glass lamp at the centre of the table tinted Elira's face a gorgeous shade of purple, adding a magical twinkle in her eye as the candle within flickered ever so often.

Sure they had sat for dinner with each other before, spoken at hairsbreadth from each other's face, danced together, arms wrapped around each other, bodies pressed against one another.

But he felt something shift this night.

He couldn't stop smiling, couldn't stop thinking about how, ever so often, one thought would come into his mind

She's so cute

No, cute is not the word-

she's so beautiful

she's so

perfect-

Elira couldn't help but stare at Yoongi. Every couple of seconds, she'd force herself to look down and take a bite of the food in front of her, but for the most part, she found herself getting lost in his eyes. the way they'd go wide sometimes as he listened intently to her, the way they disappeared into tiny crescents as he laughed, his shoulders shaking as he leaned back on his chair.

how was it so easy to talk to him, to be herself around him

why was it so easy, to trust him, to pour her heart out to him, only after knowing each other for a couple of months...

A sense of calm descended over them when they were each other, whether it was when they'd sit on the floor of the training room, panting after a session of sparring, or when they sat in silence in Elira's study after a hard day of work.

Elira was snapped out of her thoughts when the servant clinked the wine bottle to the glass as he was pouring, the high pitched tinkle shaking her out of her mind.

She looked at him, his form a shade of blue and purple, like the depths of the ocean. He looked up and their eyes met, sending a shiver up her spine as she returned his smile.

He wiped his mouth with the napkin before standing up, removing his jacket, walking behind her and placing it on her shoulders. He leaned down, "We wouldn't want the Queen to catch a cold now would we?" he whispered, and she could hear the smile in his voice, his breath fanning her ear, raising goosebumps at the back of her neck.

"I- Thank you"

He waves it off as he sits back down again, "I know another thing that will help you warm up," He raised his wine glass, prompting Elira to raise hers too, "To you, Queen Elira-"

"And to you, Ambassador slash Prince Yoongi," she said as she tilted her head, a smile that fluttered Yoongi's heart gracing her face

"Well then, to us!"

Elira nodded as she raised her glass higher, "To us!"

They spent a lot of time on that balcony under the night sky, even after the table had been cleared, a servant placing a pot of coffee on a warmer along with some cookies on the table before Elira dismissed all the servants for the night.

Elira carefully removed her tiara, placing it on the table before picking up the pot and pouring coffee for both of them.

"I didn't really get to ask you this properly, but what kind of music do you make?"

Yoongi almost spit the coffee back in his cup

"I mean I remember the pretty extensive studio in your room. You play the piano beautifully, but I'm guessing there's more to this than just playing already written pieces to perfection," she said with a warm smile

"I mainly make melodies here and there, " Yoongi said, not taking his eyes off his cup as he swirled the liquid like prize wine, "I write lyrics and verses but I haven't recorded them. So they're just poetry at this I guess."

He looked up to see Elira leaning forward, her head resting on her hands as she intently listened to him making him let out a low chuckle.

"It's random things. Most of the time it is something I don't want to forget that prompts me..." he continued, trailing off at the end, covering up his hesitation with a sip of coffee

Oh no

This was getting too close to his heart.

"Oh... So it's feelings then. Memories even. Kind of like a diary, but way more beautiful," Elira offered with a smile as Yoongi felt a chill run up his spine, freezing him on the spot

That's exactly what it was,

Yoongi thought back to all the drafts and files he had on his precious laptop,

all of them having dates instead of proper names, categorised by years-

He looked at her as she tilted her head, a warm smile gracing her now pink lips, the candlelight sparkling in her eyes. 

"I'd love to hear some of them some time..." Elira said as she poured herself another cup, looking over the balcony as she quietly sipped her cup.

The wind whistled through the balcony.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N:
FROM WHAT I CAN SEE, WE CRUSHED THE COMEBACK Y'ALL 😭😭 IM SO PROUD
Twitter was the funnest place in ages and all I did yesterday was stream so I'm glad it was well worth it!
Here's the new chapter as promised! Tysm for reading!
Vote and comment <3