10- Wine

Elira slipped on her dress for the night, a Burgundy strapless gown with a flowy, layered organza and tulle skirt that would glide with her as she danced. She stepped out of the room so that her dresser could lace up the back

 She stepped out of the room so that her dresser could lace up the back

She sighed thinking about the night to come.
Her having to make polite conversation with people she barely knew.

The dance with the crown prince

Sigh

She smiled a bit when she remembered that Yoongi would be there.

That would alleviate the pain a little bit.

"Your highness?" the bespectacled woman said, handing Elira her rings and sash for the night, pinning the brooches once she had slipped it on.
After clasping the necklace and putting on the crown, Elira wore her heels, twirling for a second before walking out the door, letting Alder lead her to the ballroom.
....

Yoongi nodded as one of the dignitaries spoke about the current climate crisis, mentally zoning out as he smiled.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Elira of Avar!"
The announcement rang around the hall as Elira walked in, in her burgundy gown, the tulle and Swarovski shining in the low lights, diamonds like ice glinting on her neck and head.

Yoongi's breath hitched as she turned to him and smiled.

She walked into the crowd, smiling and talking to everyone as the soft music resumed in the background.

Yoongi stole glances every few seconds as Elira entertained her fellow guests, laughing ever so often after making a clever remark.

He couldn't take his eyes off her. Namjoon nudged Yoongi in his shoulders, "You're making it obvious now,"

"What-"

"Stop staring at her," he whispered with a smug smirk, causing Yoongi to blush, focusing on another attendee in front of him.

Namjoon didn't know about what had gone down between Elira and Yong-saeng. He still thought Elira was here for Yoongi, completely oblivious about the truth.

"The king is entering, Let the Daechwita begin!" the conductor bellowed, followed by the sounding of a gong and drums, the shrill pitch of the brass trumpets commanding attention to the entrance of the ballroom, where King Ye-jun walked in a finely tailored suit, Queen Aera in a delicate ballgown on his right and Prince Yong-saeng on his left.

Elira spotted Yoongi as he walked up to them and stood by his mother's side.

The royal family of Korea, all in one place.

They walked in slowly, waiting for the Daechwita to end, following which they dispersed into the crowd again, The King and Queen sticking next to each other as The princes split, keeping up the spirits of the gala.