55- Promise

The ceremony done, Yoongi and Elira relaxed as they sat on their knees on the stage, facing each other as their parents sat in the middle, facing straight ahead.

Yoongi and Elira bowed to each other on their knees, Elira twice and Yoongi once as everyone watched them in quiet adoration.

Elira and Yoongi are ushered off to one side as the servants arranged the table for the Paebak ceremony.

"The pink blush on your cheeks does wonders, your majesty~" Yoongi whispered with a low chuckle, making Aera send a death glare towards him

"I actually kinda like it. Makes me feel like a princess," Elira retorted playfully

The officiant announced the beginning of the ceremony, The two of them walked next to each other, bowing in front of their parents, before pouring tea. 

"May you have a long and happy life, with nothing but prosperity," Ye Jun said with a smile as a servant came over and kept a box in front of the couple, 

"I finally have a daughter and I'm glad it's you, Elira darling. I hope you will be happy with my boy," Aera said with a teary smile, Narina rubbing her shoulder comfortingly as the former placed a box as well

"And I finally have a son!" Narina chuckled, "Yoongi, I'm glad you're by Elira's side, now and forevermore, take care of her and If she doesn't do the same for you, just let me know and she'll be in for an earful! Be happy and healthy my young ones~" 

Yoongi smiled and turned to Elira, a smile on her face too, save for the lone tear that streaked down her right cheek

"Love? You okay?"

"Hmm? Oh-" she reached up and wiped the tear, a reassuring smile on her face, "I think I heard my father for a second there,"

Yoongi's heart clenched, immediately pulling Elira in a hug, separating when he was sure she was fine. The two of them did a grand bow to their parents, followed by a half bow, before the attenders came by with an embroidered white cloth, helping them hold it between them.

"And now to find out how many grandkids we'll have!" Aera announced playfully

.....

"Ten kids seem like a lot of work-" Elira said thoughtlessly from where she laid on Yoongi's bed, her head in his lap as she stared at the ceiling.

Yoongi scoffed, his hands slowly running through her hair "I don't think we're qualified for even *one* kid! So, we'll take the other meaning for those damn dates and chestnuts, something about prosperity and"

"Man in all the talk about Avar basically being my overgrown child, I forgot about heirs."

Yoongi visibly stiffened, his hands freezing in place, Elira letting out an airy giggle as she raised her hands up and drew imaginary patterns.

It's not that he hadn't thought of kids. Hell, he knew since Elira was queen they didn't have much of a choice. As much as it disgusted him, Monarchy was about blood.
But, he couldn't raise an entire human. That's a role too important to fuck up...

"That head-dress has given me a headache, I probably stopped making sense half an hour back..." she whispered tiredly

Yoongi took her hands from where they danced mid-air, and brought them down to her stomach, "Well... children are nice enough and you'd be a great mother, but me, a father? not so much," he chuckled nervously

"Well that's where you're wrong," Elira looked away from the ceiling and up at Yoongi's face, "I think you'd be one of the greatest parents out there," she sighed and focused back at the ceiling, "But not right now. Not for a long while. There are other pressing matters to deal with, " she lifted her head from his lap, grabbing her forehead for a split second, a gasp leaving her lips, "like this damn headache!"