7-A Crown

Elira bent down as she pulled on a pair of silk gloves, the dresser placing a crown on her head.

"I still don't understand why the prince wants me to treat this as a formal dinner," she sighed as she looked at Alder behind her in the mirror who shrugged, "I have no idea, ma'am. He didn't give me all the details."

"Your majesty..." the royal dresser said as she gestured Elira to bend down a bit again, the shorter woman on her toes as she pinned the white cloak on her back

A white clean cut jumpsuit with a V neckline was what Elira saw herself wear in the mirror, white boots, a light delicate, a more informal crown on her head, a gold camellia filigree brooch on her right shoulder, her hair in a braid down her back.

She looked like every bit the warrior princess she was.

She gave a satisfied smile before saying

"Alder, lead the way"

....

Elira walked into a courtyard at the other end of the palace, chiffon curtains billowing in the french sliding windows as she stepped into the cool night air.

The prince turned around as she walked out, a grin on his face as he extended his hand out. Elira delicately placed her hand in his, gently raising it to his lips.

"Your highness," Elira said as she curtsied

"Oh, no need for that! Call me Yong-saeng!" he said as he flashed her one of his swoon-worthy smiles

"Yong-saeng it is then," she answered politely

They moved to the dining table, the servants pulling their chairs back.

"So Elira..." he said carefully, gauging her reaction before continuing, "I heard you were an academic. Specifically interested in Biology, physics and mathematics, not to mention English. I heard you made quite a splash at SNU today,"

"You heard correctly! I prefer to not limit myself to only those subjects in any capacity so I don't consider myself an academic or an expert in anything really. I just dabble here and there, always seeking new things out to learn about. And I wouldn't call that a splash. It was just, you know, a speech-"

"It was more than that," he gushed as he made his hands into fists, "I was all pumped up to go on and change my life! But, as you know-"

"We don't have the luxury of that option~" Elira added, tilting her glass

Yong-saeng chuckled as they brought in the first course of the night.
...

Namjoon walked through the corridors, stopping mid-step when he heard activity in an otherwise quiet corner of the palace. He considered his position before taking a diversion, walking towards the courtyard, sticking his head out from the shadows to see Elira and Yong-saeng laughing and chatting as they ate their dinner. He slowly slinked back to the main corridor, his footsteps light as he walked to his destination of the night.