Ⅵ. Expectation !Suit Version

<If you read the previous chapter please skip this one, since the only difference is that you're wearing a suit.>

I ended up following Illumi's orders, much to my chagrin. I got up, slid into the frilly outfit I had worn for dinner, and embarked with him into a small airship. I sighed, the butler said that the trip would take about 6 hours... We still had to stop by a hotel, so I could get changed... So much wasted time... Feitan would kill me if he knew I was simply resting on a zeppelin.

I took a look around the cabin, spotted some pillows on the corners of the large sofa like seats. I could sleep there. Would Illumi be mad? My gaze landed on him, sitting with his back perfectly straight, no bags under his eyes, no yawns or tired sighs... He simply stared outside, in a beautiful and terrifying stillness.

Honestly, fuck this. A good thought. A great thought even. I laid on the soft seat and adjusted the pillows to maximize my comfort. Illumi wouldn't kill me in my sleep just yet, after all, he needed me for the Council's party.

I had to enjoy it while I could... If Feitan didn't kill me, I'd go back to sleeping on the floor soon enough. I closed my eyes.

"I still have some questions, Y/N." Illumi returned to the conversation we had before dinner right away.

I didn't open my eyes, I simply sighed and mumbled softly, I knew he would listen no matter how low I spoke. "I'll start, can you please tell me about your Nen abilities?" I shifted around a bit to find a good position to fall asleep, there was a big pause before he answered.

"No, that would put me at a disadvantage." His annoyingly carefree voice almost made me snap, but I kept my composure.

"Good. That is my answer to your question." The next silence told me I was absolutely right and with a victorious sigh, I drifted to a peaceful sleep.

×××

Nothing much happened on the way to the hotel, I checked in and Illumi followed me inside the small room. I stared at him, scowling, he was seriously such a clueless man. "Illumi, get your gentleman Damien Redthorne persona out and understand that I need to change."

It took him a few seconds until he realized that he had to leave the room. Facepalming at his delay, I wondered how a person could be both a clueless dumbass and a highly skilled assassin. When the white wooden door closed behind him, I grabbed the bags I had picked up in the way and quickly slid into the beautiful black f/c pants, followed by a matching button up and a long f/c overcoat. My hands reached for the tie. It didn't come out as expected, not the first time nor the next 50 times I desperately tried.

Giving up wasn't something I particularly enjoyed. My eyes rolled as I moved to open the door to find Illumi leaning against the opposite wall.

"Help me with the zip, dear Damien." I dryly smiled, my head in pure agony as I thought that I should've picked a pre-made tie... maybe a clip-on even. The man in the navy blue dinner suit simply nodded and walked inside, the colour was rather mysterious since when he woke me up it seemed black, but who was I to question my colour distinguishing abilities?

I unintentionally slammed the door shut. I needed to consider my strength... I clasped at the soft tissue of my thick overcoat, it was beautiful, the buttons were incredibly elaborate and handmade, sewn with sparkly silver line. I felt Illumi's cold hands, one grabbed the collar of my shirt and the other gently clasped the soft tie, the next five seconds seemed like centuries as he knotted the tie perfectly.

The sound of the fabric shuffling was the only thing breaking the silence, I felt it tighten slightly around my neck. Some unavoidable shivers went up my spine as I exhaled deeply. That moment made me realize that even though my love life was non-existent, there were some sparks for the wrong people that shouldn't be happening.

When he stepped away from me, the curse lifted, and I adjusted the tightness, smoothing out the tie on my torso. Everything was perfect, from the colour to the fit. The money I had spent on it was worth it.

I turned around to search for my comb to see Illumi standing there, expressionless and silent. Tilting my head, I wondered why he was like this, before thinking too much, I ordered, "Find me a comb please."

In a second, he was staring around, searching for it. Huh, so he was actually useful, that was great.

I saw Illumi handing me a small comb. "Thank you." His eyes seemed unbelievably real, someone had picked just the right colour, it seemed to shift between blue, grey, and green. The lenses gave him such a singular and whimsical look. I felt myself smile at him while using the comb to sort out my hair and touching up with a few accessories to hold some pieces in place, making sure I looked extra fancy.

"Illumi, you improved your Damien Redthorne character, I'm pleasantly surprised." I spouted as I put on gorgeous silvery white dress shoes, I obviously picked something I was comfortable with and made with expensive materials for my comfort. Not because I'd wear them for long, but because I'd probably need to run or something like that.

"You improved your social facet too. You went from odd extravagant to savage extravagant." I casually put the comb and plastic wrappers in the shopping bags to throw away when I left, before thanking him.

"Should we go now?" I questioned, my impatient and curious self couldn't wait to see who'd get murdered, as I hadn't asked.

"Actually, we should arrive late, let's have dinner first." Oh, so he did have a plan, I wondered what it would be like... Aaah...~

"Sure, do you want to order room service or want to go out?"

"Room service." He quickly replied, before sitting on the bed and staring at me, expecting me to do all the work.

I clicked my tongue and grabbed the phone on the bedside table. I wouldn't ask what he wanted, fuck him. I ordered some pasta with shrimps for two, Illumi didn't voice his displeasure with my choice... Deep inside... I had hoped he was allergic to shrimp... I wanted to quickly end both this dinner and the ball, so I could go back to hunting down Feitan. Also, not to be indebted to Illumi sounded like heaven to my ears.

<If you read the previous chapter please skip this one, since the only difference is that you're wearing a suit.>