LXXXVII. Assassination

I reached the gate easily, opening it and seeing a brand-new black car ready to take me to the neighbourhood of my targets. I gasped for air at the familiar sight of Gotoh, but then felt my aura explode as my insides boiled with anger, "Who are you, poser?"

His form twisted as he turned into a furry – I mean – into a fox-like being, yellow, long thin ears bending to their weight outwardly, puffy shoulders under the butler outfit. "Excuse me, Miss Y/N, they told me you were fond of Gotoh I assumed you'd like his form more than mine." He justified as he waved his arms in front of his body in a defensive way.

"Gotoh is Gotoh, you are you. Don't meddle with the memory of a nice person, I wouldn't mind you even if you were a swamp monster, why would I mind you being a fluffy-looking fox?" My eyes narrowed as he gasped when I approached the car and by consequence him. "Can you drive?"

"Yes, my lady." He scrambled to open the door for me, I sat feeling my muscles sing to the comfort of the backseat, and my eyes met his sharp halfmoon ones, "What are you, by the way?"

"A Kiriko." He said bowing down.

"Man, the Zoldyck do have the most amazing collection of Magical Beasts..." with that said, the Kiriko closed the door and moved to the drivers seat, and the rest of the trip was spent in silence as I thought over my lovely plan. We reached the outskirts of their county by nightfall, the impersonator said he'd wait for me and I nodded, as I placed the choker on and ran my gloved hand through my hair.

It was time. No more hesitation, this was a job like any other, these people must have done something alarming for someone to request the Zoldycks to kill them, and if they didn't... well... There was no salvation for me anymore, why bother justifying their deaths...

I'd kiss the devil for a nice time if I had to. I jumped over the big wall, concealing my presence, and scanning the area carefully, the lights further away indicated the residence, a large beige villa. This area of the wall was covered by woods, rich people did love their own private forests, somehow... I landed smoothly on the uneven floor, dashing as I dodged the trees, my destination? The villa. I pulled out a sharp serrated knife and called forth the spy in one of my books, as I casually slid through the walls and cut through the lock of a window to some storage room. A quick flick of the wrist and there was a dying metal sound as the straight line separating the two glasses that constituted the window opened, I bent the knife and the free side of the window opened smoothly. Walking inside I saw various cleaning tools, so far, the plan was going great.

I followed my mental map, towards the office where the man would be working until late. I heard loud yelling and rolled my eyes, seriously what a good timing to be arguing. I leaned against the wall hearing the thing playing out, if it was the wife it'd be good... If not, this was an inconvenient situation.

"You told me you'd leave her soon, Colin!" A lover? Well, that's bad for miss Elise.

"Elise, no one will find out." Oh, what a turn of events, Elise already knows...

"You'll drag our name through the dirt Colin, I won't stand up for it!" I heard glass shattering and realised that was a good queue for calling forth the assassin as my nen fluctuated around, I walked in and felt my knife slid through the woman's throat. My eyes were still closed, as I focused on his tiny aura instead of his face, a quick dash, unseen to the untrained eyes and his throat chocked on his last scream for his life, gurgling with the immense blood flowing. I opened my eyes and pulled out a tissue to wipe my blade, blood did bad things to my poor blades, I skipped over Elise's dead body, I heard the patrol coming through and cursed, I had taken too long hearing their discussion. My eyes rummaged the room, and I neared a large sofa, my e/c orbs never focusing on the bodies, the less I thought about it the best. When the four presences drew away, I left the room and dashed my way to the storage room. Almost getting found out by a thin-looking maid with her burgundy hair knitted into a large braid, I held my breath as I looked around to the room I had barged into, it was a large computer room, in the screens, images of people in their own homes. Well... talk about creepy.

Some steps later and I was in the storage room, jumping from the window and landing on top of two guards, I cursed as I knocked them out with the handle of my knife, rushing out of the large villa before they noticed the two guards missing or the two owners of all that richness dead in the office.

I almost sprained my ankle when I landed, after jumping on the large wall, I took a deep breath though, not letting that get into my nerves as I walked to meet my driver. The trip back to the Zoldyck Manor took forever, I felt like I could hear police sirens playing, my blood was burning through my veins and I didn't believe I killed those people to get married to Illumi.

The me before would never do this, but... some part of me didn't regret it. One part of me relished the kill, the power of feeling the knife slid through someone's neck, the screams for survival... That one combined with the part of me that felt like this was such an easy job, made my spine curl in either excitement or disgust...

Was it worth all this fighting to end up in this point?

It was too late to regret my actions, so might as well own them up and follow where they lead me. Regret was something I didn't feel like experiencing. In that car, the Kiriko shivered, and wished for the road to shorten so we arrived quickly to the manor.

 In that car, the Kiriko shivered, and wished for the road to shorten so we arrived quickly to the manor

Author's Note: Two in a day? (tehe~)