LXXXI. Observer

After playing, Killua was sitting on the floor petting Alluka's head, I stared in amazement, at the locked away Zoldyck child. Long black hair with beads on the strands near the bangs, the same shine Illumi had. Pale skin. Shrine maiden outfit, baggy sleeves dropped over Killua's hips. The one thing that pulled Alluka away from her older brothers, Illumi and Milluki, despite her black hair, her eyes were icy blue, just like Killua's and Silva's. The room was filled with toys, bright with colour, walls looked happy but for a child to be there locked all the time...

I hummed, looking at the cute child just when Kikyo smiled, pleased when stating, "Killua is being such a model older brother." 

"That's three requests down." Requests? Well maybe the answer as to why they'd have this cute child locked up would come up. I approached Milluki's chair to stare at the monitor with more attention. He kept going, "A computer wasn't such a big deal." 

I flinched, feeling Silva's murderous aura filling the room, and Milluki jumped on his chair, almost running over my feet with the wheels as he squirmed, "S-sorry, Papa. I won't do it again..." 

Almost uncaring, Silva's red aura left as quickly as it showed up, as he continued the conversation. "Now, Alluka is ready." 

Ready for what?

"Yep, Killua just has to make his wish." What wish? My eyes narrowed at the father and son conversation going on. My head racing to piece everything together.

Silva turned to face Milluki hastily, drawing his blue gaze from the monitor, it was almost unlike him. "Milluki, I want you to go over the rules again."

"Ah, yes. I'm aware of five rules. One, when one of Alluka's requests is not fulfilled, and price is paid, the request difficulty is reset to level 1. That's the best time to make a wish to Alluka. Two, once Alluka starts making requests to someone, he'll never switch his targets to someone different." My eyebrow rose, he? Didn't Killua say sister? "That's why I've ensured that he always made a request to a butler before sending him to Papa or Mama." Well wasn't that lovely... So this child, was like a genie in a bottle? A wishing well? 

"I guess Killua did the same. That's why Alluka never requested anything from Papa or Mama. Three, if the person fulfilling requests dies before finishing the job, it's considered a failure, and at least one more will die." Silva's gaze shifted back to the screen as Milluki continued his explanation of Alluka's power. "This was confirmed by experiment." A shiver went up my spine. Experiment? "Four, if he doesn't know someone's name, Alluka can't make requests of them. Five, the same person can't make two wishes in a row. That's all I know, I'm not hiding anything from you." He said frantically, almost trying to prove his loyalty. To his father. "I swear on the oath we made." 

What a family. Killua was still patting Alluka in the head, the gentlest look on his face. He wasn't dealing with a wishing well, he was spoiling his sibling whom he cared for. 

"Why isn't Killua making a wish?" Silva questioned, his arms crossed, displaying his muscles over his tight shirt. 

"He probably has some foolish idea, if Killua makes a wish now, someone else will have to clean up the mess." I stared at Milluki, foolish... 

"That makes no sense at all." Does it really not? To be a good guy, ah so mind boggling for these people. Silva proceeded. "He can save his friend first and worry about the consequences later."

His friend? What was wrong with Gon? I wanted to ask but the mood wasn't right. Where did they get all this information from?

"Papa, would his friend be happy to know that many lives were sacrificed to save him?" Oh, someone had brains, Milluki wasn't all meat no brain. Huh? "No. That's what's going through Killua's head." Nice analysis. Why were we watching from afar? "Since he's stupid."

He's... what now? If stares could murder, oh the big meat roll I'd make out of him. 

"His mind doesn't work the way ours do." Thankfully. I rolled my eyes, whatever appreciation for Milluki's intelligence gone with his incredible close mindedness. "That's why you had Illu-nii use his needles on him, right?"

I held my rage in, and they all gasped as Killua picked up Alluka, and started moving towards the door. "Father, open the door." 

I felt myself smile, he was serious. He was taking his sister with him, away from the locks and loneliness. What a good boy.

Silva's eyebrows created creases as they drew closer, he hit a button and spoke firmly. "No. Make the wish in that room. We cannot let you go outside."

After thinking for a few seconds, the white haired boy spoke again. "Father, I am definitely your son. You said Alluka came from somewhere else, right? I call the black-eyed Alluka, Nanika(Something)." I stared at Killua's blue eyes through the screen, determined kid. So many questions bubbling up, though... "We're leaving, I'll clean up my own mess."

Mad respect.

"Nanika, if we haven't left the mountain in half an hour, kill Mother." My eyes widened, surprised at the rage that emanated from the heir of the Zoldycks. Silva gasped, loudly, something I never expected seeing in person. Milluki stood up almost tripping over his chair, his mouth agape, matching his mothers.

"HUH? HEY KILLUA." The second oldest, screamed at the microphone. But Killua had his game set. 

"If we've left the mountain in half an hour, I want you to kiss me on the cheek. Got it?" Alluka's head rotated to face the camera, it was full white, no nose, eyes hollow and black and her mouth was only a curved black void. A true mask. She agreed, saying "Ai."

Kikyo panicked, hands reaching her face, breathing loud and uneven, red dot on her visor trembling, her legs gave in, and she landed on the floor. What a good choice it was to return to the manor, this gave me so much delight I couldn't contain my lips from curving slightly as I observed everything. 

"MAMA!"

Author's note:

Author's note:

One of you commented on that scene where reader-chan goes to the Zoldyck manor to meet Zeno and ends up thirsting over Illumi on a casual white dress shirt, that someone should draw it. And well~~~ I tried. Excuse my not so good drawing and horrible photography skills, but I wanted to do something nice for you guys now that we're almost reaching 500K reads (Which is insane as heck!)

Hope you enjoyed this very informative and boring chapter~~.