XC. Surprise

His hand reached to cup my face, as the other wiped away the blood that streaked through my face from my forehead. The movements were gentle and careful, but the aura that exploded darkening the room and threatening murder told me his feelings contradicted his actions.

My eyes felt heavy, and I took longer to blink, I was stuck in his black eyes. "Y/N." A demand, an order, there was no tickling in my forehead, I was free, my body was too drowsy to control if this turned out bad. Panic instilled in my mind; the silence wasn't helping. Time didn't pass when the quietness of the room elongated.

When he finally spoke, I nearly jumped as I was nearly falling into slumber. "I-..."

"Illumi, I told you I'd try it." My voice came out hoarse and I tried to clear my throat and stretch my limbs in a failing attempt to regain control of anything.

"You... Did some creative planning." His eyes were still wide, as a complete surprise, something that had never crossed his mind, his thin lips hung open, yet the murderous aura kept surrounding me.

"It wouldn't work if it wasn't a surprise." I bit my lip, maybe pain could keep me awake.

"I am incredibly amazed and surprised your manipulation skills were very effective." I felt myself smile, it was nice to know all that training and work wasn't in vain, even though I wasn't prepared for the taxing pull on my aura. His absent-minded voice had returned though, along with his unfeeling mask, that could be a good sign. "I'm still feeling the erection. What a useful addition to your abilities."

It was nice to know that it had worked so well to the point of depleting me of power until I had any rest. On the other hand, I was powerless to his hands, he could place another needle if he wished so. His bloodlust kept flowing, if this was how he reacted to surprises, he had another one coming.

"Illumi... I will pay with you, sticking around longer than you're expecting even... Keep your promise, reward me for my plan." His lips tightened upwards, an almost smile.

"I will reward you," His hands gripped my waist tightly as he pulled me up and tossed me to the soft bed, well talk about struggling to be awake. "though it does seem you're too tired to reward me." He crawled into the bed, the soft mattress sinking under his knees and hands as he toppled me.

"Oh? Is this you being horny? I thought you were mad." I blinked harder, fearing for the darkness coming at the corners of my eyes.

"I am mad", his face drew closer, "I could have my way with you right now, place another needle in you, or even kill you." I forced my hand on his shoulder, knowing plenty well I had no strength to fight. One of his hands grabbed the one pushing him away, "But... you're useful, I am interested in your manipulation game. The times of underestimating you are gone; you won't be able to pull this off again if you ever leave."

I felt a tight squeeze on my hand, but I was too far gone, a smile played on my face, I was useful, he said it differently this time though... Was I finally considered more than an object? I couldn't analyse more on his tone, as my consciousness left me, and everything turned dark. I did however listen to a faint whisper, a sweet voice saying my name.

I woke up with the door swinging open and hitting the wall dryly, flinching I sat up, jumping at the sight of Silva, and gawking around at what could only be defined as not the place I should be, not my room. I patted the soft cushions and saw Illumi come out of the bathroom still drying his hair and thankfully (or not) fully dressed.

Blue eyes narrowed at my sight, I waved, still tired but it had to be good enough for now. "Y/N, Illumi, how convenient."

"What is it father? Do you wish for the report on the mission?" Illumi tilted his head slightly, unable to understand why his father had barged in inside his room so suddenly.

A smile crept on my face, he didn't take in account what I had called him, this would be fun. "No, Illumi, I'm here to warn you that the location has been picked."

"Location?" Before he could say anything, I jumped off the bed, stretching my arms pleased that at least they were responding, I wasn't sure how long I had been sleeping.

"That's great, I need some rest before doing it though, I just took Illumi's controlling needle off me and it did take a lot of effort." Silva seemed surprised, the most surprised a man of this family could look like at least, eyes wide and lip twitching.

"Is this true?" He stared at Illumi, untrusting.

"Yes, it was quite surprising for me as well."

"Oh, you'll be more surprised Illumi." Lips stretched, feeling better than usual now that I had some control of my situation.

"Why?" His aura started leaking out, he was feeling cautious of me already? Well, this was going to be fun.

"All we're missing is a blood oath and a fight." Illumi froze, not even blinking (not that he did that much anyway), nothing. His aura disappeared, and for a moment I thought I had broken him before I had the time to play with him.

"Impossible." He whispered, finally regaining control, and reaching towards me.

"Very possible, I did an assassination, swore my loyalty and signed a contract while you were gone." A light laugh left my lips as I skipped to the door, stare falling on Silva who was blocking my passage, "Would you please move, soon to be Father-in-Law, I'm going to rest. Can we schedule the rest of the marital procedures for tomorrow?"

He nodded and I left, in my room I felt Silva's presence draw away and soon after Illumi's bloodlust filled my entire bedroom, probably his whole quarters. The door flew open, and a long-haired assassin stood there, eyes like two black holes, wearing a purple tank top and some black pants, with an unfathomable look on his beautiful face.

 The door flew open, and a long-haired assassin stood there, eyes like two black holes, wearing a purple tank top and some black pants, with an unfathomable look on his beautiful face

Art By: 덕질 & 림 (as97d4f5_rimo on twitter)

Author's Note:

 I know you were hoping for some smut this chapter,  

but there were some things to set straight... 

Sorry~~ There will be smut soon, don't worry you thirsty readers.