LXXXII. Rules

As Milluki broke into a cold sweat, Silva stared at the screen his eyes ferocious. My gaze turned to Kikyo, still on the floor held by her son who looked enraged, yet not really as dangerous as his father.

"Killua..." A hoarse voice came out of the lady in the fancy dress, "How can you issue such cruel commands?" A sob came as she spilled out her amazement in words, "It's magnificent! You've grown up."

My eyebrow rose but rolled my eyes. This was so expected, how could I even feel surprised at all the toxicity that came from this family. Disgust would suit my face better but somehow this was like watching a soap opera, and it certainly had been a while since my last time watching television.

"Damn! Are you allowed to do that?!?" Milluki seemed to have his mother's well-being in mind, unlike the deranged parent sobbing with pride in the floor. "As long as only one wish is fulfilled you can give yourself options!"

Killua's eyes were serious, staring into the camera as he ordered. "Father, open the door."

My lips parted slightly when I saw Silva's muscular arm extend as he reached for a button. That was... interesting. I saw the white-haired boy leave the frame and sighed with a newfound hope. "Well that was riveting." I heard myself say as I stared at Kikyo.

"Why are you here, Y/N?" My e/c eyes jumped to Silva, the fact that Killua knew more about Alluka than anyone else, put him in a position of power. That's a reason to want to control him. What disgusting plans would Illumi be sorting out?

"How could Kikyo be overjoyed. Isn't killing family members forbidden?" His eyes narrowed, almost turning sharper, as his icy presence filled the room.

"It is."

"Ah, well, I'll probably become family." The right corner of my smile raising, turning it into a malicious smirk. "After all, I have only one more test to go, how could I miss this?"

As we listened to Killua's phone conversation, and Gotoh butted in. I questioned what a level 4 restriction was. Milluki quickly explained that at level 4, one would be monitored by butlers and as soon as said person did something restricted, the level would increase to level 5. Level 5 means being kidnapped by butlers and taken to the Zoldyck state, including in escape situations.

I hummed, shivers going up my spine. If I became one of them, those could be applied to me.

"What's the reason?" Killua asked.

"The reasons are unauthorized removal of a classified object," my head snapped up, and looking at the family members they didn't see anything wrong with what was just said. Object? That precious child? "rebelling against your parents and use of threatening actions."

"ALLUKA'S AN OBJECT?" I smiled, at least Killua stood up for Alluka.

"There are three restrictions, " Gotoh continued, "First, to protect family secrets, the target may not speak to, or exchange items with, any outsiders without permission. To enforce this, the target is forbidden to carry any communication devices. Second, to protect family secrets, the target must always stay within one meter of Master Alluka. Third, to protect family secrets, the target is forbidden from letting any outsiders learn about Master Alluka's power.

Silva had disappeared, probably to issue those restrictions, leaving Kikyo and Milluki to spy on Killua. I left them soon, apparently, he'd take some butlers with him to ensure he followed the rules. I arrived in my room and patched the book, completing it and emailed it to my editor, expressing some urgency. The situation was getting out of control... I should take the needle off as soon as I could...

It took some hours, but it was done. I walked back to the surveillance room to see the three there again, watching a car roll off the mountain with a bunch of construction pipes through it.

"Illumi is going all out." I heard Milluki say. "Wouldn't Papa be mad if Alluka was killed?" They noticed my presence and Silva didn't reply. They considered Alluka an object, so Illumi wouldn't be breaking the rules by killing her? My stomach seemed to flip itself, and I broke into a cold sweat... Very disgusting behaviour.

I wanted to help Killua and Alluka out, but that was out of the play right now. I wouldn't want to be killed by Illumi... Still I stared at the screen, and back at the assassins, wondering how much of a hindrance could I be to Illumi's plans... So, I left the manor, rushing to arrive at the city where the elections took place, after obtaining some information out of a butler. Gon was in big trouble... All I could do was run and hope that I'd get there in time to help out...

When I arrived at the airport, I took a cab to the hospital, Illumi would certainly be nearby. That all assuming that Illumi hadn't killed Alluka yet. I released my nen, feeling around until I found it. The familiar darkness, Illumi. I told the taxi driver to stop, paying with some cash I had on my wallet, before running towards him, ready to witness the scene... Killua was there, holding Alluka, crying, eyes focused on the long haired man.

He asked Nanika to heal the butler's hand, an old lady, with the most hourglass body shape ever and braids that defied gravity seemed shocked, along with everyone else... Even Illumi, his mouth hung open, eyes wide and eyebrows stretched up. After Killua explained that Nanika would never ask for vile things after healing something, and that Nanika always called him Killua.

"If you ever refer to Nanika as an object again," his aura turned dark, frightening coming from such a young kid. "I'll won't consider you my brother anymore." I felt Hisoka disappearing, and Illumi's face had returned to his emotionless mask. 

"I understood, Kill. If you can heal Gon without any risk that's terrific. But that doesn't change the fact that Nanika is dangerous." I walked closer to him, glad that both the kids were safe but knowing this wouldn't end here. "And my questions remain unanswered. Kil, you're still hiding something, such as how Milluki's rule 5 doesn't apply to you." I looked at the white haired boy, rule 5... was... two wishes in a row is a no-no. Why would the rules apply to Killua though? He treats Nanika as a person, only the ones seeking to control her power would be subjected to those rules. I smirked, nodding at Killua who had just noticed my presence. "Until you tell me everything, I won't let Alluka go."

I rolled my eyes, knowing Killua wouldn't say it. Not if he didn't want another needle stuck in his head. I followed Illumi as he left, wondering why was I feeling sad about his behaviour when it was only to be expected. 

Art By: (utubo_factory on Twitter)

Author's Note: Hellooo  lovelieees~~ 

How are you doing this week?

I get that these last two chapters were kinda Meh because the plot meets the original, but I hope you enjoy it. The little peaks to the cannon HxH by a Reader-chan who's just trying to help baby boys and stay alive.