LXVII. Wounds

B/S {Body shape}

I managed to reach the Zoldyck manor hours after the small talk with Zeno. He was the sanest person in this whole family, but that didn't mean that he was a good person. He was better than the others.

Gotoh popped up soon to accompany me to my room after a few steps into the manor, the fact that they left the doors unlocked somehow made sense but didn't stop being a bit comical.

"Can you bring me a first aid kit, please?" I heard my strained voice say, as I limped slightly following the butler. He simply nodded, and I couldn't be more appreciative of his silence, his clean presence calmed me almost enough for my body to shut down and go into hibernation mode.

When we reached my room, he opened the door for me and politely bowed before leaving. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do first, sleep or take a bath to clean all the disgustingly sticky blood out of my body. When I closed the door behind me and stared at the bed, I realized I wouldn't be getting any of those anytime soon.

With his black long silky hair, Illumi sat straight on the corner of my bed, his hypnotic eyes ran my B/S figure. "Impressive survival, it seems like mother didn't want you to live a day longer."

"Your mother is worse than a poisonous snake, and I would gladly have lunch with a feral snake." I hobbled next to him, releasing a hiss as I sat on the bed. "What are you doing here?"

"I want you to put these lenses on my eyes." He handed me a small box; I didn't take it. My eyes met him, wide in incredulity.

"Illumi, every movement I do hurts like hell. I'm shaking as my adrenaline is finishing its reign. Want me to hurt your eyes?" He turned away for a bit, staring straight ahead into the beige wall. Pondering.

"I did account for this," he continued pulling a large first aid box from underneath the bed. "All rooms have these." He explained seeing my shock, a very painful shock moving the muscles in my face left me suffering. He dropped the large red box in the bed, opening it swiftly and pulling out a flask and gauze. His eyes landed on me, "Strip."

"What?" I managed to say after jumping on my feet, feeling pure agony wash over me, my lunch raising from my stomach and the room slowly going dark. My legs gave out and my consciousness left me as I landed on the soft bedsheets it felt like a thousand spears had punctured me. I heard Illumi sighing in the distance.

I forced my eyes open through the pain, Illumi was leaning over me applying a white cream on my wounds, "Mother really raised the difficulty of your test, almost surprising how you managed to survive." His hands were relaxing, the coolness alleviating the ache gradually.

"Why are you helping me?" My mind couldn't simply believe Illumi would be gently patching my wounds, maybe the torture affected me in the psychological level. Horror filled my belly as every hair in my body raised up. His eyes turned to meet mine, some hair strands getting loose and caressing my arm, his dark thin eyebrow lifted.

"I need you to put the lenses on me." His joyful absent-minded tone ringing in my ears as he continued his task swiftly. A shiver went up my spine, he was touching my belly, where were my clothes?

"Where are my clothes? And when you acted as Hisoka your eyes were different didn't someone put lenses on you?" He was slowly going down, switching from the cream to a threaded needle for the larger injuries.

"I used my needles to change them, but it was unbelievably uncomfortable as you can probably guess, needles in eyes aren't a good match no." Unarmed, helpless, I just tilted my head enough to look at what Illumi was doing, my body was in no condition for movement for the next days, maybe weeks. "Clothes? You mean the ripped tissue that was holding on to your dried-up blood? I threw them away."

I sighed; my ribs whined about the slightly larger shift demanded on them. I was in an atrocious shape, defenceless against these soulless people. A perfectly timed knock sounded on the door and he got himself straight, his hair bouncing on his back as he walked to the door. Unconsciously, my hand grabbed the soft bedspread crunching the perfectly flat material, a restless glance to the opening door soon calmed me down, it was Gotoh, holding a gold tray. "Miss Y/Ns dinner" he softly said to the assassin, "Also if she needs assistance tending her wounds." He added when Illumi grabbed the tray quickly.

"She doesn't." A resigned nod came from the butler, followed by a polite bow, the door closed quickly before I had the time to watch him walk away.

"I don't need assistance?" I rolled my eyes, "Help me get in a sitting position."

His eyes fixated on me, "You can put my lenses like that."

"I don't think I can eat laying down, and it'd be incredibly creepy helping you with the lenses like this." I trembled, "Ah, fu-"

He strode near my bed, arranging the pillows against the bed frame before studying me, his dark eyes focused. "What would work best?" He whispered.

I thought about how hurt I was everywhere. "Good question. Did you tend the wounds in my back?"

"Yes, you were out for quite the time." A whine left my lips as I head his answer.

"Just do whatever it'll hurt either way." His hands slid on my sides just bellow my chest, and he swiftly pushed my torso up and dragged me back into the soft pillows. My legs complained about being pushed against the fabric and the place where he had exerted some strength ached even more. "Alright..." I said to myself, I could get better quickly, I wanted to write and train my manipulation skills. This would be such a delay on the writing.

He handed me his lenses, and crouched down to match my height, I shakily asked for a wet tissue to clean my hands before grabbing the flimsy lens and seeing my trembling hand place it in Illumis glossy eyes.

"This never stops being frightening." I whispered to myself as I took a deep breath and placed the other lens.

Before leaving for his work, he placed the tray on a stand, leaving me looking at a very delicious smelling meal. Wondering if it had enough poison to knock my very feeble person out for good.

 Wondering if it had enough poison to knock my very feeble person out for good

Edit by: messy-anime-icons.tumblr.com

Author's Note: I'm soft.