XXVII. Different Sides, The Same Coin

Doubt filled me as I thought whether I should answer to the clown. His clothing style was oddly similar to Illumi's and it scared me. Ahead of me, a loud "tsk" left Feitan's lips. That meant he wanted me to deal with the scary dude by myself, uuuh why isn't Feitan helpful when I need it?

Rolling my eyes, I dodged Hisoka and walked further into the room, my eyes picked up Chrollo's figure and I happily leapt to his side. "Hiya! Hiya! Chrollo! Finally someone I know around here~"

Chrollo took a good look at me before releasing all his aura, my early training helped me act on the second it happened and protect myself instantly. I tilted my head, was he testing me? A sadistic smirk flashed on his face before he threw a series of punches and kicks, easily dodged by me. "Here I was expecting a hug and all I get is this? Lord Chocolate may take my disappointment..."

Finally, Chrollo stopped satisfied and I sat on a big piece of what used to be a wall, maybe it had been the ceiling of this wrecked building. I gazed at every single person in that room, those were the members of the phantom troupe, huh?
The weird clown looked like he had had the best orgasm of his life, Machi was already creeped out, Feitan was socializing (I know, shocking) with a tall blond guy who was holding onto an Egyptian thingy, a helmet? Slim Nobunaga was laughing with a huge muscular man, the difference between them was nearly comical, the large man was wearing a tank top and some torn shorts, a savage aura seemed to exude from him.

A beautiful blond guy was laying against a wall playing on his phone, a short haired girl was sitting nearby, she was wearing a turtleneck and seemed so out of it. What was she thinking?

Before I could judge the rest of the very extra people with my E/C eyes, the grey-haired savage looking man was already screaming, hyped to know what they were there for. Without hesitation, Chrollo started explaining the plan, I guess he knew I wouldn't stop them, not that I could if I wanted to. I observed in pure amusement the different reactions to the plan. It was incredible, no wonder after all Chrollo had made it.

Wondered what I was going to do now that my training was done. Could I hang out here? Should I go back to Chiaroscuro and live my life as a fantastic writer? Wouldn't it be a dull life after all this? Should I just look for Illumi and tell him that I was stronger so he couldn't use me anymore?

Lost in thought, I didn't notice when the phantom troupe dispersed. The tall blond man, who was laughing with Feitan at the beginning, headed straight to me, inspecting me from head to toe.

"So... this is what Feitan's dear student looks like. Who would've thought someone could actually survive and learn from that sadistic ass." He smirked before offering his hand, "I'm Phinks~ You're actually a very interesting one." Taking his hand, I scowled as I thought that that was all people had been calling me these days. Like was I not beautiful or ugly or something? Why call me interesting, when you could say "Aye nice shoes...???"

"Sure sure, I'm Y/N. I'd love to chit chat and know what great stories you have. Some tricks to piss off the angry midget buuuut.... I need to talk to Chrollo." I said as I spun around, ready to talk to the head of the spiders.

"Oh, you've lost your chance, he just left." Shiiit. What else could I do? I wanted to sort stuff out with Chrollo. Could I hang out here for a while and could I use all these people as characters in my future books? Of course, omitting many things. Defeated, I sat near Phinks and Feitan and I heard the blond one telling me all about the pranks that he sometimes played on the gremlin. He seemed like a cool dude, pushing aside the fact that he was strong enough to be in the spiders and actually stole shit or killed people.

The next day they were going to kill everyone in the underground auction, so I couldn't tag along. I decided to tour the city, in search for some good prices and new clothes. I was finally free from that angry midget. I returned to their hideout after their job was done, Uvogin was missing. They were torturing a guy from a group called the Shadow beasts for information on the missing auction goods. It was a huge mess, I decided to go back to my hotel room, which I rented so I could sleep calmly and avoid being surrounded by dangerous and creepy people. Hisoka, the clown guy still creeped me out. The troupe agreed to go find Uvogin. Apparently, some random dudes were keeping him in the hotel I was staying in. Great. Just great.

I was happy to have some company on the way back, worry filled me, wondering if they were going tear the hotel down while freeing Uvogin. I silently followed Feitan out of habit, as he seemed rather happy to finally have some action. I'd never understand these people... when we arrived, I observed from a safe distance as Uvogin released his anger at the chain user I assumed. The whole building shook when they left and I walked back to my room, deciding to see the other side of this story. Who was the red eyed boy that fought with chains?

Instead of sleeping, I walked around the corridors, waiting to see someone interesting... And would you believe it, I actually did~

A blond-haired boy, black contact lenses, some weird clothing (all it took was the clothing to make me think he used nen, apparently, they all liked to dress to impress) passed by me, late at night. I made sure to focus on his pretty face and I smiled to myself as I went back to my room. He exuded some insane thirst for revenge, I wondered where the hell he was. Why wasn't he guarding Uvogin? What other plans and schemes did this boy have? Maybe the next day, I'd focus on him. As all I could do was watch anyway, I didn't want to get in the Troupes business. 

Art By: Chanoo (love_chanoo Twitter) / (4033516 pixiv id)

Author's Note: CAN Y'ALL GUESS WHEN WILL READER-CHAN MEET ILLUMI AGAIN?

ALSO I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING LAST WEEKEND, I'LL MAKE SURE I UPDATE AGAIN REALLY SOON TO MAKE UP FOR IT :'C

(Pray to chocolate god that I pass calculus, :'3)

> Edited 13.02.2021 <