LXXI. Questions

"So... can I finally know what I didn't do?"

His dark void eyes pined me down, awkward silence creeping around the room as his aura slightly expanded, edges like the angry sea ready to drag anything inside. "Seriously Illumi, just answer everything quickly I want a shower, I'm all sticky and sweaty."

Exhaustion showing itself through my voice.

"Go do it." He simply stated as he strolled carelessly to the door, picking up his clothes effortlessly.

"Yeah and then you'll never answer them." I rolled my eyes; I didn't want to get up with him here to witness the pure struggle that would be.

"Hm. Pass by my room when you're done, I'll answer that one at least." He chimed as he walked out of the bedroom with the bloodied clothes on his hands, uncaring about who could be on the halls. When the door closed behind him, a sigh left my lips.

It was time, slithering across the bed, directed to the bathroom I reached the edge allowing my leg to slowly fall. When both feet were on the cold floor, I shifted my weight pulling my torso out of the bed with my arms. My legs felt like jelly, I was soon back on the bed, taking a deep breath to try again, this time faster, using the unbalance to stagger all my way to the wall, leaning against it carefully, as I felt my juices dribble down my legs, what a challenge I thought taking side steps to the door, moving slowly through the path where there was something to grab or lean against for steadiness.

My e/c eyes fell on the large white tub, I sat on the rim and swung my legs over grabbing the tub for my life, I was sure I couldn't pull one leg up over that height and not fall. I scooched next to the wall, with my back against it feeling the cold seeping into my bones I closed my eyes, gathering my strength to stand up turn on the water grab the shower head and rinse everything off.

I left the bathroom through the same method; my legs were slowly getting steadier. Not that my walk of shame didn't look as hilarious as the search for steadiness while standing up. I rolled my eyes, put on another soft f/c pyjamas. I wanted to pick up the rags that were the last one, sitting randomly on the floor, but I knew my legs wouldn't even handle squatting once.

I opened the door, feeling a cold breeze on the hall. How was that even possible? This whole manor was such a mystery! I stared at Illumi's door, after I had closed mine. I raised my hand to knock, unsure if I should even go satisfy my curiosity after all this. As I gathered courage, I stopped myself from knocking, Illumi didn't knock, I should return the polite manners.

Swinging the door open, I walked in shamelessly closing it behind me, he was wearing tight black boxers and looking at his open mahogany closet, filled with a lot of colours including his trademark green. "Where did you learn everything that happened in the bed? Why were you so mad? What was it that I didn't do? Why are you hurt? Did something go wrong with your job?" I sat on his forest bedspread green before he turned to meet my intense and curious stare. Mostly because I wanted to hide how much everything had had an impact on me.

The sound of fabric ruffling filled the room, Illumi was putting on a white tank top and some dark blue large pants, didn't voice any complaint for the rude entrance nor answered any question as he dressed himself.

When he finished, his eyes pierced mine. Empty, dark and emotionless. The usual Illumi. Which one of them was the real one? He stood there waiting. So, I assumed it was time to repeat the questions. "What was it that I didn't do?"

He did the closest to a sigh he could and trailed to his bed, laying down comfortably, forcing me to drag myself to the headboard and fluff one of his pillows to cushion my lovely back as I laid against it. I looked down at him, "Killua pulled his needle off."

My eyes widened, Killua had a needle? He managed to pull it out, that meant I had a chance! But after the wave of relief came a swing of anger.

"Why did you put a needle on your brother?" I managed to slip between my teeth.

"To control him." Oh, the lovely eye roll, yes, I could only guess I would be doing that a lot.

"Yeah but why would you control him?" His eyes closed for a while, and no answer came. "He's your family, Illumi, why force that on him?"

Still nothing.

"Is he also useful? Like me? Because I can only guess he sits higher in your care rank." He stared at me, unwilling to answer. I let it be for now. I would find it out. "Why are you hurt?"

"Oh that, a group of bounty hunters attacked me after my job." He shrugged it off. "You didn't send them, did you?"

"Well that would've been a great idea, I'm disappointed I didn't think about it..." I faked dismay, even though the sarcasm was more than clear on my voice. "Why were you so mad? Was it the combination of all those things?"

"Yes. Though, Killu taking off the needle wasn't something I was expecting so soon..."

"So... me and Killua were the only ones with that kind of needle?"

"Yes."

"Will you be mad when I take mine off?" With him laying down, I could see his little twitches, I was holding back the urge to play with his hair.

"I know you'll take it off someday, I'm curious about how but yes." I laughed, truly. Illumi looked at me confused, and I grabbed some strands of his hair as I started braiding.

"I'll try to not disappoint you, but you should know that controlling people you care about, like Killua, will only make him hate you more. Each one has their freedom, and some people choose to use their freedom to care about you, that is a different kind of control, though you'd probably not understand it."

"Hm. Could you elaborate on that?" He turned on his side, skilfully enough so that his hair wasn't yanked out of my hand, allowing me to keep playing with it.

"Maybe later when you tell me more about why you want to control the one you care about, Killua." His eyes narrowed, understanding I wouldn't let it go. "What I want to know now, is how and where did you gain all that sexual experience..."

Art By: RainNoir (rainnoir

Art By: RainNoir (rainnoir.tumblr.com) / @ _Rainnoir (Twitter) / rain.noir (Instagram)

Author's Note: 

Ah a chill chapter for all of us, really necessary.  What are your guesses on what can happen in the next chapters??