XXXII. Disguise

Art by : klausdiemaus.tumblr.com & schaafdraws.tumblr.com

After dodging and blocking most of Feitan's attacks, I winced as I patted a rather uneven cut on my right arm. I sat down to hear the whole story, apparently Pakunoda had just gone out with two kids, Killua and Gon, to return them to the chain user, Kurapika. No one besides her was allowed to leave the premises and somehow Kurapika promised to return the great Danchou.

Some people didn't quite agree with the plan, such as Feitan and Phinks. I honestly saw the good in it, Kurapika probably had a wild card on his sleeve though. All in all, this was a weird situation wonder how it even happened.

I gazed at Machi, the one who explained the situation, for a while. "So... how did you guys lose Chrollo? Heck, I wish I had that ability on me!"

I felt some burning stares and a big chunk of a random wall flew in my direction. Damn Feitan was really pissed today, I dodged it with grace before hearing a sigh and glasses girl started walking in circles, Shizuku was it? "Well, we went to this hotel and then there was a blackout, next thing we notice Danchou is missing."

"Hmmm I see~." With my curiosity satisfied, I skipped near Hisoka, he was closest to the door. "I was waiting for Chrollo here but I guess my plans were spoiled. Aww~ " My e/c eyes land on some faded gold ones. A big smile crept on my face once something clicked, this wasn't Hisoka and the real one was where all the fun was happening. "Maybe I should stay..." I muttered as I turned to face the fake Hisoka. Heard Feitan cursing under his breath and rolled my eyes before answering "I know you're so happy to see me stay Fei-chan~ Guess you've grown to love me haha~". He didn't even bother with replying.

My royal bottom landed on the floor next to 'Hisoka', he was facing the door. "So... Hisoka, dear, how's the family?" I whispered much to his surprise. "Fun thing met your brother recently, he was in danger till some time ago, not worried?" The eyes turned murderous, as he understood exactly who I was talking about. Hehe~ Well playing with fire was fun but, as soon as Chrollo was released, he could kill me so maybe it would be better to leave.

"Hmmm... Wonder if Chrollo will take long..." I muttered out loud enough for everyone to hear.

The blondie beauty of this group, Shalnark, had a sudden realization and screamed, "Wait, you're not part of the Phantom Troupe, you can leave, go see what the fuck is happening and get Danchou back!" Everyone turned to me, a slight wave of hope and satisfaction on the revenge I could help them get.

"Pffffft... You're such genius, do I know where they are? Would I get there on time?" Silence fell down as if rain, hitting every corner of the large room, "I mean it's not a bad idea to leave this place, nothing fun happening here... Might find Chrollo on the way..."

And that was the cue to leave the large room, pick up my things and leave the wrecked building. For a few dozens of meters, my pace was calm and collected but soon I found myself running. Illumi was there, Illumi knew of my connections to the troupe now, what did that mean? Hopefully, nothing bad.

Caught the first zeppelin out of town, it was directed to a random city, I was going to catch at least 3 to random places before going back to Chiaroscuro. That way no one would follow me and I could also see different places and settings for my new stories.

×××

I finally got to Aeclos, after long days of travelling and stopping in random cities. I got a hotel room nearby Chiaroscuro and slept for the next day or two. Everything happened so quickly, my mind could barely keep up, so when I found myself alone and calm everything hit me with a big wave of tiredness.

Why did I come back? I needed to make sure everything was alright and going well before disappearing to somewhere else, rebuilding my life in a distant place was a plan. Training hard so when these dangerous men decided to show up on my doorstep, I'd be ready for everything, including fighting back.

It was nearly dusk when I ordered room service, a mountain of food showed up at my door. I gulfed it all down, sleep wasn't the only thing I needed, I picked some plain clothes, a black shirt made with flowy light material, it was slightly see-through but who gave a fuck? Slid into my favourite f/c shorts and slid into the most comfortable shoes I had. Who knew when one had to run? This was one of the great lessons Feitan had taught me, always leave the house as if you're not coming back at night. Along with the outfit, I filled a small black leather bag with some weapons, cookies, water and essentials.

I skipped down the busy street, the surroundings were all too familiar and a sense of nostalgia grew within me, I sighed as I kept reminding myself that I couldn't come back here. Turning around the corner I saw my beautiful Chiaroscuro. The ever shifting black/white font was still the same and that somehow comforted me, the store was classy, there were some white and black columns against the grey front. The windows alternated between black and white, everything was messy but neat at the same time. Organized chaos. It was a masterpiece.

I walked inside to be greeted with the smell of great coffee and a gasp from Lin, as she left the counter quickly to meet me. Yet someone stepped in front of me blocking the way, I saw a black fluffy jacket. My eyes snapped to his dark ones and above those was a cross tattooed in full display since his silky black hair was parted down the middle. I almost fell down as I stepped back.

"C-Chrollo? What the actual f-"

"Y/N, we need to talk." 

Art By: Rain Noir (rainnoir

Art By: Rain Noir (rainnoir.tumblr.com)/ @ _RainNoir (Twitter)

Author's note: What will happen? I WONDER...

COMMENT UR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS LOVELIES

HOPE U LIKE THE UPDATE <3

By the way I changed Y/N's city to Aeclos as I thoughtlessly decided on Yorknew on the first chapter. Makes no fucking sense (sorry) will also change it on the first chapter. 

> Edited 14.02.2021 <