C. Win

Zeno arrived a day later with his flying dragon and a lovely hound, much similar to Mike, called Toki. He seemed to bond quickly with Mi and Il, as Lu seemed still distrustful of the new addition to their lair. The old man didn't stay long to my dismay. Things were... weird... with Illumi.

We slept on the same bed but soon he started leaving for jobs, burying himself in work. He seemed to be trying hard to prove something. His use to the family? But... why?

Weeks went by and I decided that I needed to do something the next time he came home, empty, his body on autopilot after so many missions and no rest. It wasn't healthy. I didn't want to play games with the remains of the cocky manipulator Illumi was. That wasn't fun.

I heard the bedroom door close slowly and jumped to my feet, my body feeling nauseous with the sudden change, but I was already pinning Illumi against the wall. "Illumi."

"Y/N, have you changed your welcoming techniques?" He mused, not forcing himself out of my hold. I rolled my eyes and started my interrogation.

"What's wrong? Why are you taking so many missions?"

"They're not that many." I flickered the light on, so Illumi could see my not believing the crap you just said face.

"Oh really? You're tired, you barely spend time here, you're trying to prove yourself to the cult that is your family." Now he did struggle, shoving me off him and moving to the bathroom to change to more comfortable clothes.

"There's nothing wrong." He said as he pulled needles off his body, and the green crop top followed, displaying his white skin.

"Everything is wrong." I followed him, not giving up. "Where are my missions?" His void eyes met mine, narrowed. "Don't look at me, answer. What are you trying to prove to your family?"

Silence continued as he quickly changed to tight black pyjamas and sunk in bed.

"Illumi." I insisted, sitting on his side of the bed, patting my hair down realizing that I had just woken up. "I'm pretty sure you're the perfect assassin son they wished for, cause let's be honest I don't see Milluki leaving the manor often, Killua doesn't want to be an assassin, Alluka wasn't trained into being an assassin and Kalluto ran to join the Phantom Troupe."

He turned his back to me, and my mouth hung open. The rudeness.

"Somehow they broke you enough to fit you into the assassin mould, I get you want to be useful to them, but blind loyalty can hurt you."

"What is this advice from the one who is to ruin my life?" He mumbled.

"It's not fun if you're already ruined, I'll glue you back together and then we can play."

"I'm not ruined."

My hands felt the soft duvet, as I propped myself up. "Are you not? Overworking yourself. What do you gain from it? Are you in need of money?"

I laid next to him; his face was half covered with his silky black hair. "If I am to stray from my family's influence, I'd have to buy this land, and gain enough to keep it."

"Oh... Interesting approach, let's buy it from them then."

"Why and how would you do that?" His voice sounded tired, defenceless.

"I sold my lovely house in Aeclos to go into this crazy adventure, I need a residence. Also I spent the last year or so, not spending a dime because Feitan stole everything and I ended up in the Zoldyck manor so, I'm pretty sure I have enough to buy this and keep it for long enough."

"You're odd Y/N."

"Are you only realizing that now? I married you, how would I not be fucking odd?" What sounded like a chuckle left his lips. It felt like a near death experience, what was I doing to Illumi? What was Illumi doing to me?

"You married me for the sex."

"I did, and you're too overworked to actually deliver. I am mad."

"You haven't started to entertain me with your games, I should also be mad."

"What do you mean Illumi, I'm wining, I'm no longer in the Zoldyck Manor and you just agreed to me buying this state. Haha~ Wonder how you'll feel living under my roof. Have fun with your identity crisis now that you are away from your cult."

"You're winning...?" His eyes widened, "Interesting thought, I can buy the house first. You think you're safer away from them? When I can go wild here without them restricting me?"

With a gasp I ran to the phone, but Illumi was already making me trip. My body hit the floor and pain spasmed through it, but I fought it as my trembly hand grabbed his ankle. "Playing dirty, you bitch." He supported his body with his hands, flawlessly but I was already up and stepping over him, hands clutching the phone that was on the table.

He stood up and I almost crashed back to the floor, as my feet lost the warm back where they were resting. I dialled almost frantically, as Illumi tried to pull the phone from my hands. A whine left my lips, and I scratched his hand off.

"Oh." He just spouted when he ran to grab his personal phone from the pockets of his pants. A phone with a direct connection to the Zoldycks. That wasn't fair! I heard the beep on my phone.

"Pass this call to Silva quick."

"Master Y/N?"

"Yes, do it now."

Silence followed as I stared at Illumi who had just finished dialling.

"Y/N what is the reason of this call?" I heard Silva's cold voice sound in my ear and a huge smile grew on my lips.

"Silva, I'd like to buy this state would that be possible?"

×××

I typed at the speed of light, finally finding some peace to write after a long time, good ideas still only arrived at night, they must really like seeing the stars. Over the sounds of the keys, I hear a loud thump, followed by a terrified scream. My fingers hovered over the keys, seconds before I understood what I had just heard. I got up, hand grazing over the table lamp, as I whispered, "The pets got some late-night snacks, what a great idea."

Art By:  BORO (Pixiv ID 11686556/ Boro_0w0 on Twitter )

Author's Note:

Hello, this is the end. I can't believe it!

I hope you enjoyed it,  and well, I'll be posting the specials after this chapter~

<3 Stay safe and be happy <3

Kissies from your Author-chan Atnica