ⅠⅠ. The make over !Dress Version

<The next chapter will be the same as this one you'll just be wearing a suit. Feel free to skip this one if you'd like to wear a suit.>

I was going to wear out the floor with the sheer amount of stressed pacing. I followed a straight line, back and forward, as if that would help the situation. My stomach was both empty and burbling with butterflies. Where was this date of mine? Date! Ha- where was this escort of mine?

My hands spent their idle time crumpling the soft material of my long black dress. I couldn't help myself, I'd just return to crumpling it if I continued my pacing. I patted the fabric down and twirled to see how my right leg peaked through the slit that reached too high to be considered formal.

It was a beautiful formal dress, slit aside. I could be the ruling regent of some random country wearing this. Black was a bit of a grim option, but it was easier to match with since my escort didn't really bother planning anything. I hadn't done much to my hair, simple was best, I had sprayed it with some hair glitter thingy for some fun. Following the natural trend, my makeup was basic, matching colours to my skin tone, hiding blemishes and contouring as I saw fit.

I was looking amazing. Were the shiny black stilettos giving me the uncertainty of a lifetime? I wasn't used to walking with those, I usually went for more comfortable and casual options. I should be wearing something more comfortable, something I felt more confident with... I was attending this ball with an assassin for the Morgana's sake! What if he noticed I had slacked off on the shoes? My life depended on how well this damned Christmas ball went!

Should I have dressed for the event? Christmas themed dresses? What bad taste. No.

The clock continued ticking, I resigned to tapping my left foot on the floor as I stared at the front door, waiting for a knock.

I heard light footsteps and my hands smacked the doorknob with the rush, a twist and a door slam later, I was finding a very well dressed assassin. Wearing a very fitted black suit, emphasis on the very, I could see his muscles flexing if I focused. A pain white shirt paired with a green bowtie. Cute. If only he wasn't looking like a monstrosity with golden needles poking out of every nook and cranny of his face. How did they somehow transform his appearance from decent to straight out creepy? Where was his long luscious black hair? Why was it now a purplish mohawk?

As any normal person, I simply gaped at him. It was him. It had to be. His eyes were the same. His aura was the same. No one was crazy enough to go out in public looking like this.

"Let's go." A mechanical voice echoed, followed by several metallic clicks as his jaw worked around the words. That was the breaking point, I could feel my eyes twitching in pure disbelief. No. I'd rather die.

"I'm not going anywhere with you looking like... that? That abhorrent mix of wind-up doll and just plain creep. No." And the dam broke, all my stress flowed out as I continued, "Why do you have needles on your face? What the actual fuck were you-" His aura expanded and darkened, I took a step back and kept my flinch in as my eyes widened. I kept staring at that disaster of a face, clearing my throat. "My bad for cursing. We're all polite people here. Please take the golden things off? If you don't want to show your face you can simply wear some make up... Maybe some contact lenses and... we do something to your hair."

A few mechanical clicks later, his eyebrow had risen a few millimetres at me. In all fairness, this disguise wasn't as scary as his usual look. There was something about his cold beauty that was absolutely terrifying. The only thing that made me nervous was the undeniable dark aura that hung about, surrounding me and inciting shivers to run up my spine.

I tilted my head, I wanted to win this battle. Even if it was against a man that made me flinch. "Like hell I'm letting my Mr. Redtorne go looking like that. You need to look good, not weird and threatening."

Silence. Was I going to die? Was I going to die for wanting my alias to be a hot man? Was it worth it?

A gasp left my lips when he pushed me into the house and closed the door behind him. In surprise, I lost balance and grabbed his arm instinctively. He didn't seem to mind, or it didn't show in his face. Not that I believed anything could show with all those needles. I let go as quickly as I realized what had happened, I didn't want to push my luck.

His slender fingers started reaching for the golden balls and pulling needles off. It was so casual, he was so unbothered doing what, in all honestly, must be insanely painful. I took that as a hint to search for my makeup and collection of disguise material. I had those always at hand, with fame the amount of crazed people chasing me down the streets either for good or bad were... dangerous.

When I came back to the hall, he was trying to hide his needles inside his blazer. His aura was still out and menacing but it had taken a different shade. Perhaps he was annoyed...

Dropping my huge case next to him, I pushed it open and quickly picked out some ice blue lenses. The box said large eye effect, I prayed that that was enough to cover his large black eyes. I snagged a hair tie and a few makeup items to drop everything over the little table at the hall. When I turned to look at him, he was already observing me, so I simply looked around him. Did he need help? Would I lose my hands if I tried anything?

"Why are you taking so long?" His voice didn't sound annoyed, yet his darkish aura told me otherwise. I quickly grabbed the lenses and ambled towards him. He levelled himself to match my height and I couldn't contain the sigh that left my lips.

"Hmm... You sure you don't want to put them on yourself...? huh...?" My train of thought was caught in his void eyes and I realized I needed information on this man.

"I don't know how to." I bit my lip, took a deep breath and soothed myself with the thought that I could learn about him later. Would've been nice to know his name... I carefully took one lens out and pulled the skin bellow his eye.

"Don't close your eyes." I warned as I shakily drew my finger closer and placed the lens. He followed my command, the air that was stuck on my lungs came out as I drew away to grab the other lens. I didn't know what was scarier, accidentally hurting his eye with my nails or actually helping him putting lenses on.

Once that was done, I told him to tie his hair while tossing him the hair tie. With my back to him, my hands closed around the brushes and the contour palette as I gathered my wits. "So, what is your name?"

He didn't answer, I didn't die. We take what we can get. It probably wouldn't matter anyway, as soon as I paid him back, I wouldn't see him again. I turned around to hear a faint "Illumi" and to see a messy ponytail, if I could call it that.

"Well, Illumi, hold this," I handed the pile of makeup to him and reached for his hair, making a quick messy bun. His hair was so smooth I almost felt like insulting him for it. Why did he have such good hair? I stepped back to admire my job and my hands reached for the makeup. I was only trying to make him look tanned and change the shape of his nose, eyes and cheekbones. That'd be good enough. "Take off your blazer and your bow tie."

He shook his head as he pulled his bowtie loose, "My needles are there."

I could roll my eyes at him. "Just put them on my handbag... or keep them on your pockets or socks? I don't know-" He was about to snap back when I gasped, "Aren't we late?"

<The next chapter will be the same as this one you'll just be wearing a suit. Feel free to pick whatever you'd like to wear.>