XXIX. Risky

The place was undoubtedly boring until I heard that there was a team of assassins ready to take action if the infamous Phantom Troupe came. That was something I'd love to see, yes...

It was nearly sunset when I saw some dangerous looking people go into a room, I shrugged it off, they weren't that powerful. Everyone was wearing fancy clothes, I felt out of place and decided to explore the building. People seemed to steer away from me so I assumed the casual clothes came out handy, that was until I saw old man Zeno and Silva next to me.

Shit, I had done a sloppy job covering myself. Staring at them, I smiled, "Oh my~ the people here have enough money to ask for two Zoldycks? This will be very fun."

Zeno just snickered as he pulled me along to the room the other assassins probably went into. "I sure wasn't expecting meeting you, Y/N. What brings you here?", I kept my polite smile as we walked in and all the eyes fell on us. Silva had an expressionless face, much like Illumi, that made everyone get on defensive stances. They sat on a small couch near the corner and I stood there near Zeno as I thought of an excuse.

"Well, I'm not into collecting expensive things but I thought this would be fun. I guess without company it isn't enjoyable...." I sighed as I looked around at the people in the room. I heard someone whisper something along the lines of "oh so these are the Zoldycks..."

I felt a bit of mockery, yet Zeno and Silva seemed unbothered, they must've been to being doubted. Poor assassins though, one of the Zoldycks would be stronger than all of them together. Zeno patted my back snapping me back to reality, "Oh, should I not be here?"

Zeno was about to answer when three men walk in, one of them being Kurapika. I fought the urge to hide, but shook it away when I realized he'd never seen me before, so this wouldn't be awkward for him. The two other men, probably important in the underground business, started talking and then Kurapika talked a bit too.

I was more worried about the fact I could feel Chrollo nearby. Everyone had a foot nearly stuck in the spider's web. The two men then left and Kurapika's eyes landed on me.

"What is this one doing here?" I gasped, slightly offended that he assumed that I wasn't an assassin out of the people in the room. Did I not look dangerous? Probably not...

"Excuse you, -" My eyebrow rose, twitching as I prompted my left hand on my hip. Sadly, I was cut off by Zeno before I could complain more.

"Oh. She's here with us, don't mind her." The old man grinned, sitting back on his chair.

"Dear chocolate, if I'm in the way I can just leave. There's no need to defend me old ma-" His stare fell on me and I shrieked, "Huh... I mean Zeno." He sighed and got up stretching his arms and back.

"Here I was hoping for Grandpa..." My e/c widened and I started coughing caught by surprise and fear, Kurapika's eyes were still set on me. I just calmed myself down, smiling awkwardly.

"The thing is... I won't be a part of your family, Zeno." The mood suddenly grew dark and serious, mostly because my voice was much more dangerous. "Oh! Look at the time, I should go find myself a boyfriend haha..." my voice turned silly as I skipped to the door, quickly closing it behind me, before nearly running to one of the big social rooms.

Should I escape without seeing the massacre? This wouldn't be fun, nor productive then. If the Troupe started their requiem, this would be very risky, plus the Zoldycks were also here. Too many dangerous people in one place. I was pacing, everyone who was trying to socialize and make connections looked at me weirdly, so I just left and rummaged the halls.

Wouldn't it be exciting? Zoldycks vs Spiders? There was no way in hell I'd lose that. Suddenly I was pinned against the wall, a rough big hand around my throat, it was one of the assassins from before. A wicked smile strained his lips and his eyes had a murderous spark to them.

"I better warm up with a Zoldyck." If he hadn't said that, I'd probably negotiate and leave him with a nice life. But that seriously pissed me off, what was the problem with people wanting to prove themselves like this? In a flash the man was dead, twisted neck, a little bit of nen and a body on the carpet of that fancy corridor.

"Shit... Do I hide the body?" I asked myself out aloud, before I heard sirens, explosions and general panic. "Heh, just in time." I skipped following Chrollo's aura. He was hiding it but not that well, he wanted to be found. What was he plotting? I jumped down the stairs happily, if I got to Chrollo first, I could ask what I should do now. Maybe going back and writing a book would be good.

I was reaching the lowest levels and somehow an ambulance was stuck on the wall, half of it on the inside. How could that happen? The spiders were going crazy. Great. I wanted to watch a bit of that, so I stepped outside cautiously and a complete massacre unfolded before my eyes. Feitan was cutting heads off as he ran to the building, Phinks was twisting necks and I was pretty sure there were guards shooting each other back there. Chaos and cries where all I could hear, yet everything seemed melodic, planned, cold.

Shaking my head to stop my daze, I went back inside and reached the bottom floor. There was only one person who could have planned all this and it was indeed Chrollo. He was seating in a big empty room, reading a book. His eyes met mine as I walked in and a smirk played on his lips before he carefully closed the book. "I've finished it, so might as well return it." He threw it to me, I took another look at it, it was the book he took the last time we saw each other at Chiaroscuro.

I smiled, that was the answer that I was looking for. "You should come by and borrow more~. I need clients to buy me hot chocolate." That was a perfect farewell message, I thought proudly, turning my back to him and heading to the door that swung open to reveal...

" That was a perfect farewell message, I thought proudly, turning my back to him and heading to the door that swung open to reveal

To reveal what ...? dear reader-chan? ^^  ~

Author's Note : Hahaha managed to update this weekend! I'm dying. College life is really interesting though, I was thinking of making sort of a diary describing it, would  you like to read it?

How are u enjoying the story? 

When do you think Illumi is returning? 

AUTHOR-CHAN HAS BLESSED YOU WITH AN EARLY (KINDA) UPDATE

(I've written this after 2 hours of intense studying and some more of programming if there's any typo or whatever do tell me and I'll fix it)

> Edited 14.02.2021<