LIX. Player

"Well, first he forced himself on me, but then I was like bitch two can play at this game." A nervous laugh came out of my lips, as I looked at Chrollo's face, one eyebrow arched, lips parted, eyes expressing some serious concern and distress. 

"Are you seriously that dumb? Tell me everything... Every single detail." His voice was lower than I expected, didn't make it sound like sarcasm, which wasn't good. 

After explaining how that went down, Chrollo kept his eyebrows furrowed. He smirked a bit when he heard about me mentioning him to Illumi and how that drove him to do the unspeakable things, but after that he kept his mask on, the only thing betraying the relaxed look being his eyebrows. Still the mask didn't look very pleased.

"You look mad, and without your aura around you to tell me about your murderous tendencies I'm feeling very confused." My S/C hand landed on his shoulder. "But look that's not the point, the point is I'm in big trouble because of that, I can't tell you what it is..." My forehead was pulsing with pain, that was the limit. "Well, it's not like you could help without nen anyway... and this is really delicate I can't trust any person."

My head sank in my hands, the pain was slowly subduing... "Ah crap..."

"You're dancing to his tune, Y/N..." He pulled me closer by my hips, "You should be dancing to something else. I can't help you because you're being manipulated by his nen, right? Like Shalnark..."

The pulsing turned around and speeded up in the pain scale, as I whined in pain.

"Oh, right." Chrollo gently hugged me petting my hair in silence for the longest time, until my pain became bearable. "On the sex thing though... Gutsy leaving a professional assassin hanging... Though a sane person would've never gotten into that situation in the first place..."

"Absolutely, a sane person would create a criminal group that steals highly valuable things and kills whoever gets in their way..."

He laughed, "That's right, I take things I want, I don't get taken." Chrollo squeezed my arm before getting up, "I assume you'll have to leave soon to deal with your... problem?"

"Yup... Also, I need to leave this place without anyone noticing it. The staff knows me, and there's also a prince of this empire who's not so much of a nice person and I don't want to have a tea break with him..."

"So, you're sneaking out in the morning before breakfast? What a heartless woman... Who's next? Hisoka?" I couldn't contain my laughter at his obvious sarcastic voice.

"Ah..." I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself, it was hard, just imagining any of that happening. "No dear, Hisoka would leave at dawn. That wouldn't be fun." I winked at him and looked through the windows. It was the first floor, I could easily jump and run for it... but I was sure the cameras installed in every corner of this damned place would capture it all.

"Oh, so the clown is a no-no because he's a player too?"

I glanced at him, he seemed amused leaning against the couch. "I bet you're more of a player than he is... Like you couldn't fool anyone with that look of someone who's expecting each and every person to get on their knees for you..."

"Wouldn't you though?" A playful smirk showing up on his lips, an eyebrow arched and that see-through shirt, yes, that was a player move.

"But of course, I would love to pray to my lord and saviour, Chrollo, the Phantom Troupe leader. Great Danchou!" My crazy fan voice, high pitched as I ran to his side with my best look of innocent admiration. "To be this close to god... I-" I was ready to continue but he broke down snickering and soon he was laying on the couch laughing.

"Not fun, Chrollo, I was ready to find more people, create a choir, sing about your grace. Ah, well. It's getting late, I should start planning my escape from this place..." I winked at him, "Can't keep the same hoe for long."

"I'm a good quality hoe, you should keep me." He retorted, now with a more serious sad tone as he got up and looked at the cameras through the window. "You should go before they turn on the night lights all around this place."

"How did you get a room at the most expensive hotel?"

"Talking like you're the only one with high society connections, I'm a charming man, I can get anything I want."

"Oh, confident much?" I called Shiro, the spy from my first book Silver Eyes, and broke the cameras pointed to my escape route with the small light gun that materialized on my hand. "Charming man, I'd love to meet you again~ I'm sorry I can't stay for breakfast, I'm sure the pancakes would be as great as the sex."

He seemed impatient, a melancholic shine on his grey eyes, "Sadly, I have problems to deal with, plans to build and can't stick around with you. Best of lucks on the whole not becoming a Zoldyck puppet thing."

"Blessed words, my lord and saviour!" I opened the window and hopped outside shot Chrollo's window, and one on the floor above it. "Oh my, Mr. L what's this you're being robbed!" I yelled before running back to the train station, careful not to get noticed by people. 

Soon I was on a train back to the port city. Somehow my head was aching the whole trip back and when I walked into my hotel room, now clean without mirror shards on the floor and blood stains, it vanished. So that was the extent of Illumi's manipulation, I could stray from it as long as I withstood the pain. That was not a good thing, also not a good thing to tell anyone I didn't completely trust that I was being manipulated by a Zoldyck... 

I sighed as I fell on the bed, I still had a spare day until the deadline Illumi gave me, yet this whole trip was mentally extenuating, I should rest the best I could, who knew when I'd have the chance of recovering and resting completely while being controlled by him. I bet I'd be having fun looking for allies with Chrollo, but fate didn't want it that way and I was pretty sure east in that poem meant more than Kakin, and the Azian continent. In the back of my head I felt that Chrollo had a lot to do until he got his nen back.

The next day, Illumi arrived, his mood seemingly less frightening as he locked eyes with me.

"Shall we return to the Zoldyck Manor?"

Art by: @hisoka_luv (Twitter)

Author's Note: 

I feel like this chapter wasn't very good, hope you enjoyed it a little bit. 

Also, I am currently trying to credit the artists of all the beautiful art I add to the beginning/end of the chapters so, if you guys know anything please tell~~.