500K Special Chapter

Today was the day, I had finally convinced Illumi to go with me to the amusement park. It, of course, took a great deal of blackmail, but it was going to be worth it.

I took one final peak to the mirror, I had picked my favourite outfit for today, so I was certain I looked stunning. I went looking for Illumi in the bathroom, he was wearing his iconic weirdo green outfit filled with golden needles. At least he wasn't in full disguise as Gittarakur that was the least I could ask for.

"Illumi, the pins will hurt you in the rides, shouldn't you go with a more..." - how to say it - "casual look?"

His onyx eyes shot at me, a dark arched line that was his eyebrow raising in annoyance. "You can't possibly ask more of me."

"Can I not?" I smirked, as my hands played with the needles on his chest. He nodded, observing my hands and quickly squeezing one with his own when I attempted to pull one out. "Party pooper." I whined, as his grip tightened around my wrist, "Just because you're feeling inconvenienced doesn't mean you can lash it out on me, dear husband."

"You're having too much fun ruining my whole life, my wife." His eyes narrowed as he let go, pulling his needles off and storing them in his pocket, with a long sigh. I had been in fact having a good time and that frightened me. How much had I been broken to actively enjoy being married to a manipulating assassin who had no notion of boundaries?

"I'm still warming up, what are you complaining about?" Laughter followed my merry words as I skipped to the room, grabbing a small bag to carry some money and important stuff. Illumi followed in silence, reaching for the door when I finally accepted that there was nothing else, I was missing. "Aw are you being a gentleman and opening the door for me?"

"No, I'm wondering if I could knock you out effectively and escape this." His threat seemed lacking some menace, considering his nen was still a thin layer around him and the usual dark colour. I, however, faked dread, a hand covering my mouth as I exaggerated a gasp.

"Now that you warned me, there's no way I'd let you." My hand landed on his, that was still gripping the doorknob, "Gosh, so cold!", I whispered as I felt his coolness seeping through my hand. He opened the door, nearly hitting my face with it, I hissed, and his mood seemed to get better. "You're such a child."

He pushed me to the hall, "Yeah, you say that as if you have more maturity than me." My right elbow flew to his ribs but grazed nothing but air, since he had seemingly dodged and was now standing on my left. "Proving my point."

I rolled my eyes, as usual, our discussions ended up not being very successful on either side. We reached the garage, and Illumi made sure he got to stay on the driver's seat. There was nothing wrong with my driving, but he didn't seem to have the same opinion. I shrugged and sat on the incredibly cushiony seat, ah luxury.

In the time of me blinking the car was already going off, swerving as it went down the dirt path to the nearest gate. Soon we were arriving to a flashy looking amusement park, and I couldn't contain my happy screeches as I finally got to do something normal!

I zoomed out of the car as soon as it stopped in the incredibly full parking lot, my hands were swinging Illumi's door open as I smiled brightly.

"This is going to be the end of me." Illumi whispered as he graciously dragged himself behind me, I pulled out our VIP tickets as we approached the entrance, a large man with a blonde curly moustache, green honest eyes and some freckles presented himself as our guide, Jonah.

"What a lovely young couple you two are!" I curled my arm around Illumi's and smiled.

"Thank you! I was hoping to start on the cute soft rides first, leaving the thrill ones to the end, would that be alright?"