24. Rose Wall Hospital

[Connie's POV]

"She might not make it"

The nurse said as i started to cry. I could see Elizabeth and her family start to cry along with Sasha and Jean. "What?" I asked the nurse. "It's a 50% chance she won't live but a 50% chance she will. The nurses are doing everything to keep her alive. We'll update you in an hour." The nurse said leaving.

Y/n's family, Sasha and Jean all came over to you. "Connie what happened to Y/n?" Y/n's mother asked me. "I'm not sure. My sister was with her and saw what happened i'll give her a call so she can tell you all." I told them pulling out my phone and giving Sunny a call.

"Connie how's Y/n?!" she asked.

"Not good.. uhm she might not live." i told her with tears falling down my eyes. "Can you tell us what exactly happened?" I asked her.

"Yes, Y/n lifted me up to put the face on the snowman because i couldn't reach. We saw Hitch with a baseball and a baseball bat. Y/n threw me on the floor so i wouldn't get hurt. She used herself as a shield because Martin was right behind her and if she had moved it would've hit him. The ball hit her rib and she fell back. And that's where Connie and my parents came in and took her to the hospital." She said.

"Thank you Sunny i'll text you when they tell us how she's doing." I told her.

"Okay, I hope she's okay i really like her." Sunny said.

"Bye."

"Bye."

"So it was Hitch. I don't understand why she doesn't like Y/n. She didn't do anything to her." I thought out loud. "We'll speak with her parents about it." My mom said.

Oliver walked over to me. "I told you to take care of her! Then she ends up in the hospital?! What the hell were you doing?" he yelled at me.

Elizabeth proceeded to slap Oliver in the face. "Oliver calm down! This isn't Connie's fault. It isn't anyone's fault." She yelled at him.

"Both of you stop, please." I told them both. I lowered my head.

"I love your sister. I didn't want anything bad to happen to her." I told the children as they began to cry.

Jean and Sasha walked over to me. "Connie, we've been best friends with Y/n since we were in elementary we know how you feel. We love her just as much as you do." Sasha spoke with tears running down her eyes.

Jean still hadn't spoke.

-

1 hour and 30 minutes had passed.

"Connie Springer and the L/n family?" a nurse called out.

"Yes? how is she doing?" Y/n's dad asked.

"We were able to save her life. She has a broken rib which almost pierced through her lung." The nurse said.

"She said she wanted to see her boyfriend. Who is her boyfriend?" the nurse asked.

"I am." I told her.

"You can go in and see her." she said.

"I'll come back and tell you all to come in." I told her family.

The nurse took me to Y/n's room.

We reached a room and I opened it to see Y/n. "Connie." she said with a smile.

"I'll leave you two alone" the nurse said leaving.

"Hi how are you?" i asked her.

"I'm good. A bit in pain but all good." She said as she kept her smile.