Chapter 54

I stepped down at my car and carefully walked. The moon is bright and the sea waves can be clearly heard. I walked a little more until I arrived at the village. The sudden whisper of the wind bring shivers all over my body. I looked over my phone and checked if I'm at the right place, and indeed I am.

The village is so dark and empty. The bright moon reflects inside of some houses but the place is just clearly nothing. What is going on? The village is completely empty and more look liked abandoned. And, feels like no one lived here.

Everything feels so eerie.

"H-Hello?"

But, I can't give up now! If I would be scared, how would I find ryujin right? 

I took a deep breath and carefully walked on the village. My hands are shaking and my knees are trembling but I really can't give up now. I can't ignore the strong feeling that ryujin is really here. I look at the sides, behind and ahead but no one is really here. The house's doors are also left opened, so does the windows and some baskets are stumbled in the ground.

I walked a little farther until I saw a small flicker of light above some high ground. As I stare at it, the insides of me started battling, should I go there? Or not? What if it is some sort of cult happening? What if ryujin is there? How could ryujin be there? What if she really is? And what if she's not?

My eyes are starting to water because of fear and the feeling of rejection. I turn my back and clenched my fist.

At the end, she's not here.

But that would be the weaker me would think.

I'm sorry mom, yeji, chae and yuna. I can't waste and lose another chance. I know this an irrational decision and stupid of me but, I don't want to be a baggage to always be carried on. I look at the sea and touch the cold necklace around my neck.

"To the end of the world"

I took another deep breath and quickly ran to follow the path where the light is. As I run up above, the image of some white church started to be visible. I catch my breath as I stand at the way to the church. When I arrived, I saw where the light is coming from and it came from a lantern left at the side bench that starring at the sea. The sudden breeze carries a very warm feeling. The place is not that dark compared to the village since it is a higher ground much closer to the bright moon and stars. I walked closer to the lantern and had the chance to see the wonderful sea view from bird's eye. I didn't have the chance to see this beauty the last time I was in the village, I didn't know this church existed.

"This place is really magical, just like what you've said love. How I wish you're here so I can share this overwhelming feeling inside me"

I move much closer to the lantern and slowly picked it up.

Third Person POV

The moment lia picked up the lantern, the place started to fill with lights hanging from the trees and everywhere. Lia looked behind her and was struck by the sudden event. By a swift of a moment, the door of the white church open. The girl with a lantern on her hands slowly walked towards the pitch black church. When her foot touches the last stair towards the entrance of the church, the lights inside turned on. The bright light blinded lia for a moment, while she was adjusting, she suddenly felt some hands around her body, pulling her somewhere.

Lia's mind turn blank and heart started to beat fast.

"W-wha-get off me!"

The girl said as she resisted the hands all over her body.

"P-please s-stop!"

All of her fears turned in to tears. She tried to pull back her hands from the grip but she can't properly see since her eyes is covered with cloth.

"P-please, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I-I didn't do anything" she said while continued to say her pleads "P-please let me go!"

After a short moment, lia started to feel the hands loosen on her body. When her hands are capable of moving she quickly pulled the cloth around her eyes. Her sight is a little blurry as she looked around. When she completely gain her sight, she thought of running away but she saw herself standing at the entrance of the church. She looked down and notices that her clothes is already changed in to some knee length white dress but she still have her sneakers on. She also notices a flowered bracelet on her right hand.

Lia look inside the church and saw bunch of people sitting on the sides, while wiping their eyes. Her eyes travel on the left and saw a very familiar face.

"M-mom?" she whispery asked to herself

At the front sit on the right, she saw a long haired girl, who is yuna but with her head down. And then there's, Chae sitting beside yuna while leaning her head on yeji, even when lia is far from them she can clearly see chae crying. Lia's confusion started to grow bigger and bigger. 

She walk inside and walk directly to her mom.

"Mom?"

Lia's mom looked up and suddenly embraces her daughter.

"Baby I'm sorry, I'm sorry" her mom said

"What is happening mom? Why are you here? Why are you all here? What are you sorry for?"

Lia's mom didn't answer but just continue on embracing her. Lia gently pull away and immediately walk to her friend. When she stood in front of them, yuna stood up and came to face her. Yuna's eyes began to fill with tears.

"Unnie" yuna said "I'm sorry"

"What is happening yuna? Why are you all here? Did you all followed me?"

"U-unnie"

"Chae? Wha-what is going on?"

Chae just cried and hug her. Lia was still confuse about the event that is happening. 

Finally,yeji stood up and also embraces lia.

"Yeji?"

Yeji pulled away and with a very faint face she shake her head.

"They did everything they can lia" yeji started

"Huh? What are you talking about? Please stop! I'm so confuse right now!"

"L-lia, it's difficult for us too"

"What do you mean difficult? Could you please explain what's going on?!"

Just like the others, yeji remained silent. Out of frustration, Lia run back to the entrance but suddenly stop on her way when the entrance open widely. Everyone stood up as a woman entered bringing a picture frame in her hand. The girl didn't recognize the person on the frame at first but as the picture brought in to light, lia's world torn in to pieces.