Chapter 3

Lia's POV

"Hey there, baby"

I looked at the person and a grin flashes on his face. Why would it had to be him? Why for all people the son of the owner of the diner? This old man was in his 40's and still like to check out teen girls. Gross.
I purposely dropped his keys and tried to run away but he snatch my wrist so fast.

"Let go of me!" I demanded with anger.

"Oh come on, its a cold night. Let me warm you up" he said while still wearing a grin.

He was pulling me to a dark place near the diner, but at the same time I was pulling my hand while slowly picking up my peppermint spray at the back pocket of my pants with other hand.

"I said, let go you old hag!" I strongly said and force my hand to slipped away.

And just as the moment he turned around to look at me I sprayed my peppermint spray at his eyes. He shouted at the stinging pain of spray, and let go of my hands while rubbing his eyes. I ran fast towards my car and drove away. I can still hear him cursing and running following my car. I speed up, and got relieved when I didn't see him anymore.

I looked at my wrist while my other hand was still driving, it was swollen and bruised up. 'Geez, mom's gonna kill me'.

After an hour of driving, I got home. I parked my car and get inside the house. I directly go to the fridge and drink two bottles of water, situations like that makes me dehydrated. After that, I go to my room and change into my pajamas. I forgot to checked on Junsu, my brother, so I go to his room and saw him peacefully sleeping while hugging our pet dog, I read the sticked note that was posted in junsu's lamp, it was from her babysitter.

'RING RING RING'

"Hey mom" I said as I picked up the call from my mom. I slowly got out from junsu's bedroom, and climbed to my bedroom. My mom said she won't be coming home tonight, a lot of emergencies at the hospital.

"Okay. I will. Yep, see you tomorrow" I ended the call and stop in front of my door when my mom texted me.

'Let's have the quiz tomorrow, and do an advance reading on the other books, I might ask you questions from other sources'

I sighed from the text message and softly slam my forehead on the door. Please let me breathe..

I was going to turn my doorknob when I hear walking footsteps coming from my bedroom. I lean closely with my ear flat on the door to confirm if it was really footsteps.

'CRICCCCCCK'

SHIT! IT IS FOOTSTEPS! WHAT IS IT NOW? I WAS SURE I WAS SUPRISED ENOUGH TODAY! Please, just let me live peacefully!

"Okay lia, its your house and you're in charge so braced up yourself" I calmly told myself. I swallowed the lump from my throat and slowly turned the doorknob, I peek a little from the door and saw a person wearing a purple hoodie.

'Who might this be? ' I thought to myself while trying to figure out through different angles. I can't figure out a person with just its back. While I was still figuring, the person suddenly looked into my direction that made me shocked and I quickly hide behind the door.

'I'm so dead' I murmured 'Junsu I love you. If you find me dead, please take my credit card and be happy choosing your life careers. I'm sorry If I always steal your ice creams, I'm sorry if - '

"Yah, I can see you here from your laptop's screen"

My thoughts were interrupted by a low tone, deep voice followed by a small chuckle. On some part of me, I know that I heard this voice somewhere.